Drunk in Rapture

Celene couldn't really remember the rest of the night. It was a blur. All she knew was that she never left Nate's arms. He kindly escorted her to see and greeted all of the guests, tasted some of the food and drinks, watched some of the performances, and danced some more too. Somehow, her longing for him was subdued by the fact that she was clinging into his arms. But as guests began to leave, the urgency of her desire began to demand fulfillment and Celene could no longer ignore it.

"Nate," she looked into his eyes and wished for him to be able to know what she wanted. She wasn't sure if her power to control mind was going to work on Nate now that she knew she couldn't read his mind. But it was worth a shot.

Nate looked at her and this time, the fire inside him grew hotter and hotter. It was always like that when he looked into Celene's eyes, but it was never this intense. He felt yearnings he never had to deal with before. And although he sensed that he was about to run over his own boundary and limit, he wasn't planning to stop. He was planning to follow his desire for once and to burn, if he should, in her eyes.

Celene was overjoyed when Nate seemed to give in to her and started following her up the stairs. She had never gone this far before, no matter what everyone else assumed. But this time, she would. This time she was ready. She led him up the staircase then along the corridor until they were standing in front of her bedroom door. Times like this, Celene was glad she couldn't hear Nate's thoughts. It would definitely be awkward, because what they were about to do was something that didn't need words.

She opened the door and waited for Nate to come in and closed it back. She put her arms around him as he put his around her waist. They looked into each other, Celene into Nate's warm brown eyes, and Nate into Celene's scorching blue ones and knew. They drew closer and closer until their lips finally met. They kissed, passionately and urgently. It was as if it was their last chance to do so. Little did they know that it might be so. Their tongue intertwined as Celene ran her hands on his sandy curls and Nate's running through her back, giving chills into her spine.

They made love that night and the world surrendered and became theirs. No one else was there to watch and they were free. Free to do what they wanted, what they very much so desired. They gave up all their minds, their thoughts, their conscience to the animal inside each of them. They poured every hint of passion left in them into each other. And in the middle of their heat, the truth came showing itself. Fortunately for them, they were barely aware of anything else other than the pleasure filling every corner in their body.

From the back of Nate's body, a pair of pure white wings emerged. They looked magnificent, if Celene had paid attention. She wasn't. She wasn't aware who, or what, she was making love with. He was not just a human, but was a reincarnated angel. He had no recollection whatsoever with his life as an angel, when he saved so many lives and helped more. All he remembered was when he was given the chance to live as a human, to learn more about their ways, at his own request, when he found an unexplainable fascination towards the human kind.

Well, opposites do attract, don't they?

Just about the same time, Celene's true nature was revealed. From her fingertips and toes came black shadow blanketing her skin and painted half of her arms and legs and her entire back black. Her spines pushed their way out of her back skin, sharpened and appeared like little thorns. They were blood red in color, seeming like blood smearing it. The shadowy dark mist found its way to Celene's eyes and veiled the blue color to complete black.

She was half a demon. Her father was Agronos, Lucifer's right hand. He came to the earth once in awhile and during one of his visits, he had encountered Celene's mother. A mortal who died giving birth to Celene. As a baby, she was given to Howard; someone Agronos had been working with for a long time. Agronos provided Howard with all the earthly things needed to raise a child and that was how it had been until now. Howard raised Celene as his own; as good as he could, although he knew what Celene would be capable of. She would inherit certain traits, such as the urge to create chaos. She would be drawn to troubles, and would most likely behind it. Yet, this didn't stop Howard from trying to make her good.

The two contradictory creatures were oblivious to the changes. They just ended that night with a final long kiss, drunk by the rapture, and slept skin-to-skin.