1- Casey Meets Darius

"Ma! Have you seen my curling iron?" I called from my bedroom. I frowned as my brunette hair laid flat on my head. It was medium length, going just pass my shoulders, unlike my sister's, which was extremely long. I didn't mind having shorter hair, however, it definitely needed a little definition. I made sure to keep my makeup light tonight, using only mascara, blush, and lip gloss. My green eyes popped nicely and my lips looked fuller with the neutral color I chose.

My cheer uniform, which I haven't worn since football season, still fit me perfectly. I especially loved the way it hugged my body to show off my curves. The skirt flared at the bottom, which made me want to twirl in it, all the time.

Tonight was a very important night. My school's football team was going against, what was rumored to be, the best, high school, football team in Georgia. It was going to be a big game. Despite it not being football season, everyone in my school had been looking forward to this specific game all school year.

"Check my bathroom, Casey. If it's not in there, check in Em's room." Ma called back from the kitchen. I sighed as I grumbled under my breath. Why couldn't they just put the iron back where they found it?

I especially wanted to look good tonight because I was the cheerleading team's head captain. It wasn't everyday you'd find a guy being captain, but I guess I was just that good.

I switched on the lights in Ma's bathroom and grinned when I saw my curling iron laying on the counter. Instead of returning to my room, I just decided to do my hair in Ma's bathroom. I plugged in the iron and waited for it to heat up. In the meantime, I thought about what style I wanted. How about an updo? Hm. Maybe a curly bun?

With the style in mind and the iron heated, I got to work on my hair.

It was summer time, more specifically, June. In a week or two, it would be time for graduation. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life after graduation. I wasn't exceptional in anything specific and I definitely wasn't going to be Alpha of the pack (that was going to be my younger sister Emery).

I think I was going to stay home with my parents and decide what I want to do with my life later down the road. I was okay with not becoming Alpha. It was a lot of work and I wasn't born with Alpha genes like Em. Thank Goddess!

I finished curling my hair and unplugged the iron before I began pinning it up. I made sure to make it look stylish messy because I loved messy buns. Once I was done, I left Ma's bathroom. I took my cheer bag from my room before heading for the kitchen.

"You look so beautiful, Casey!" Ma complimented as I took my seat in one of the stools.

"Yeah, you look better than me." Em complained. I thanked my mom before kissing Em's forehead.

"You're very beautiful, Em. You don't have to compare yourself to me." I told her pointedly. She blushed before smiling.

"You are the best big brother ever." She teased.

"I know." I chuckled.

"So what's the plan for the night?" Pa asked as he too entered the kitchen. "Looking good, Case."

"Thanks, Pa. Well, the game starts in half an hour, but I'm sure the football team is already on the field practicing. Ten minutes before the game, I want to give my girls and guys on the cheer team a pep talk to calm their nerves. It's a big game tonight, and I wouldn't want their nerves getting the better of them.

That means, I'll be at the field before you guys. Are you coming with me Em?"

"You know I am. There are a lot of good looking girls on the cheer team." She winked at me.