The Heir of Slytherin

"They say before you start a war

You better know what you're fighting for

Well baby you are all that I adore

If love is what you need, a solider I will be."—Angel with a shotgun, The Cab

"So it's all agreed then, I'll have the three of us meet you in the hallway by the Slytherin common room and you let us in, and if anyone asks-"

"—if anyone asks then you'll just say you forgot the password. Yes, I know the plan Hermione; we've gone over it about a thousand times already. But perhaps that's not enough, how's a thousand and one for you?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, "You don't have to be so patronising, Draco. I'm just making sure. Everything must be perfect. If we're caught, so much could go wrong, for us and for you," she said, nibbling her lips as she remembered the hazing from the older Slytherins before when he called her a Mudblood.

They were sat in the girls' bathroom, Harry and Ron were due any moment but Hermione wanted to go after the last minute details.

They had managed to get both Pansy and Millicent's hairs, but Hermione opted to use Millicent's instead, as she'd been the one to get them and claimed to have the upmost confidence in it, despite Draco's urging to use Pansy's.

"Nothing will go wrong," he said, sighing as he pushed up from the wall he was leaning against. "We've gone over every nook and cranny. The only thing that could make this plan any better is if you used Pansy's hair."

"Oh please!" she huffed. "So I can swoon and sigh over you, cuddled up in your lap like some brainless nitwit, no thank you. At least Millicent has some dignity."

Draco wouldn't say no to Hermione swooning over him while in his lap, in fact, the idea felt rather pleasant. But he despised the idea of seeing Pansy swooning over him, even if it was Hermione, and the idea of seeing Pansy's clueless expression while knowing his Hermione was in there. Still...

"Pansy is easier to control. She simpers and whines, no one would suspect anything if she starts asking innocent questions."

If Draco was feeling any guilt about betraying his comrades by helping three Gryffindors to spy on the Slytherins, it was in the farthest part of his mind when Hermione was concerned.

She nodded. "Again, while I see your point, I'd really rather stick with Millicent's hair."

Draco shrugged. "Fine with me, but I'm sure you'll wish you used Pansy's hair when this is all over."

xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-X-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

They were late. Why the hell were they late?

Draco passed the floor of the corridor while trying not to think of all the things that had gone wrong and failing miserably.

What if the potion didn't work? What if they'd transformed on their way and got caught. What if the heir of Slytherin got them?

Draco quickly blinked away that thought as his nightmares came into view. No, he refused to even think about it. Hermione was too smart to get caught.

Suddenly he heard arguing from beyond the hallway. Interested, he peeked across the corner.

What the bloody hell were Crabbe and Goyle doing arguing with Percy Weasley?

Then Draco realised that Goyle was speaking sense and groaned. Potter and Weasley. Duh! But where was Hermione?

Seeing that they were about to be carted away he made his entrance as he strolled down the corridor and called their names.