Thirty Five (35)

Jiyeon

The pictures of that guy and Eunjung keeps on repeating on my mind.

I'm here inside her room, while she's taking a bath.

Then her phone rang...

I answered it.

"Eunjung... Hey.. Uh.. Look.. I'm so sorry for what happened. Please.. Forgive me. I still love you, you know? I didn't know what happened before on why we broke up.. The way I used to call you baby.. I missed it. Forgive me please? I didn't intend to kiss you.. I was just out of my mind. Please Jungie? Saranghae.."

I ended the call. Why didn't she tell me?

I felt my heart ache once again.

I let go of her phone and pretended nothing happened.

Tell me everything's a lie.
Tell me I'm just having a nightmare.
Tell me Eunjung loved me.

She got out of the bathroom fully dressed in pajamas.

"Jiyeon? Why are you here?" She asked me.

"I.. Uh.. I'll go out." I said, controlling my tears from falling.

I was about to go outside when she held my hand.

"Are you crying?"

"Let go." I said.

"Jiyeon what happened?"

"Nothing." I pulled my hand away when she shouted. I didn't dare to look back.

"What's wrong with you?!" She said.

"You!" I said. "You kept on lying to me!"

"What.. Lie to you? What the hell Jiyeon!"

"Joshua. He called. Saying that he's sorry. Saying that he still loves you! He still fucking loves you! He said that he misses the time he called you 'baby'. Wait... I'll go straight to the point. He wants you back!"

I said.

"Jiyeon that was the past."

"Past? That guy has feelings for you! And yes! I do care about your fucking past because I'm your fucking girlfriend!" I backed away. "I just think you don't feel the same way.."

"Why can't you understand that I love you? He was my past Jiyeon. He was my fucking past! Why can't you understand that?!"

"I'm just too afraid to lose you, okay?"

I just lowered my head.

"You don't understand, do you?" I said.

"Understand what? Him?"

"You don't get it. Cuz if you do, you wouldn't be angry at me right now."

She was about to hold me when I backed away.

"You know? For a second I almost thought that I should've died when I took the bullet for you. Because the pain here," I placed my hand where the heart is. "The pain here doesn't end."

"I hope I just died. Because the pain I'm having right now hurts more, Eunjung. And it's killing me slowly."

"Jiyeon..."

"I just didn't expect that you'd hurt me the most." I said.

Her phone rang once again.

"I'll just leave you for a while..." I said.

-----------------