Being the children of gods

Prolouge

My name is Laura Smith and I'm 11 years old. I have long black hair that flicks at the end, green-blue eyes and really pale skin. I'm not your ordinary girl, but I'm not a mutant either. No, I'm different to mutants. I don't have the x-gene, but I have powers anyway, I have multiple powers and mutants only have two maximum. But I'm not alone, no, my adoptive sister has powers too and she isn't a mutant either. But I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll tell you about my powers first.

I'm like a telepath because I can read, manipulate and communicate with minds. I can also create and control ice, yep you heard me ice, I don't get colds, ever, and I don't have to wear jackets in the winter. Heck, I could run around naked in the snow and I wouldn't get pneumonia or frost bite, but I won't be doing that anytime soon, and I'm always cold. I have a bit of a feral side and I can turn into a giant ice cat, I can also sometimes make things happen when I simply wish them to happen, but I think that's just coincidence and not a power. The final thing, though it's not really a power, is that I can lie easily and I can tell when someone is lying.

So that's the list of things I can do, now I'll tell you about my adoptive sister Tanya Smith. When I say adoptive I don't mean she's adopted, no I am. I live with Tanya, her mum and her step dad. I don't know what happened to her real dad but her mum says that her dad left them when Tanya was a baby. I was adopted into their family when I was eight, they can't have any more children so they adopted me. I don't know what happened to my parents, no one does, I was left on the orphanage doorstep when I was a baby.

But enough about me, I'm talking about Tanya now. She's 14 and has long, wavy blond hair, bright blue eyes and tanned skin. Her powers are quite shocking, literally, she can control and create electricity. When she gets mad thunderstorms appear, but luckily it's only when she's really mad, or concentrates really hard. She's also super strong, even though she has almost no muscle, and you don't want to be behind one of her punches. Also, though she hasn't done it very often, she can fly. She can also shout very loudly, it's like thunder, she could probably burst your eardrums if she tried, though that's really a power and unfortunately she loud most of the time.

We are really close despite not being related by blood and we told each other about our powers when I was 9 and she was 12, she's three years older than me, and we've become even closer because of it. Now I've introduced myself I'll leave you guys in peace to read the rest of this story.

So read on if you dare......