Chapter One

Chosen

Melissa Cameron Everdeen, was a normal teenager. She had friends well, friend. Her only friend was Annie. Annie was about 15, a year younger than Melissa. She spent her days making bows to sell at the market. Her parents, Katniss and Peeta Everdeen were stuck inside their home. Melissa lived with her friend Annie. She had to sneak inside of her own parents house to see them. They had gaurds by all the doors, so she had to go through a window. Life was kind of hard. She had to go hunting every day to get food, had to change her name every single time she went to the market and had to stay away from peacekeepers. Totaly not keeping the peace.

"Hey Annie, are you coming hunting today?" Asked Melissa. "No, I have to stay home while mom goes to the market, Sorry". Annie answered.

"No Don't be. We can go tomorrow." Melissa suggested. "Okay, I'll ask mom." Melissa closed the door and walked to the street.

She saw people selling pins, corn and meat. She also saw Annie's mom buying some strawberries from a older lady. She looked arounf when something caught her eye. She quickly hid behind a shelf with books on it. "Can i help you?" Asked a man. "Oh no i was just playing with my sister." She lied.

She really hid frim peacekeepers. Onece they were gone, she contiued walking to the woods. When she reached to edge of the town, she looked back. "I really hate this place." She said.

She walked in the woods and began hunting. She tried to be as quiet as she could, but she stepped on something crunchy. She looked down.

It was a peice if paper. She picked it up and saw the simbol. Oh no.

"Annie!" Melissa practicly kicked the door. "Oh My Gosh Melissa! what?" Annie asked. "Look." Melissa handed her the paper. "Already?"

Melissa Nodded her head. "I can't belive it's already time for it." She felt scared. "Remember when you were chosen last year?" Annie answered, "Yeah, but that girl volenteered, it's like she wanted to die."

"She did remember?" Said Melissa. "Let's not have you get picked this time." "Don't worry, i'm preety sure i'm not."

"You can't be sure Annie." Melissa stated. "Let's hope neither of us get chosen." Annie rolled her eyes.

"Hey i saw that." Melissa said. "What ya gonna do about it? Huh?" Annie said playfully. "Oh what am I gonna do about it?" Melissa started.

Melissa and Annie started to run around the house trying to catch eachother. After about, 10 minutes of that, they stopped and fell.

"I'm gonna go visit my parents." Said Melissa. "Okay, did you get anything to eat?" Asked Annie. "I'm hungry."

"I got a deer." Answered Melissa. "It's at the front door." Melissa walked out the door. "Don't get caught!" She herd Annie yell from the doorway.

Melissa walked to her parents house. She stopped when she saw that her parents were outside. "Deetrie!" She herd her mom call." Deetrie was her fake name. "Katniss!" Said Melissa running towereds her mom. "What are you doing outside?" "The five years are over!" Said Katniss. "We can finally go anywhere!"

"Wow thats awesome Katniss!" She had to call her mom Katniss for well, special reasons. "Where's Peeta?" "He's coming." Katniss answered. Just then, Peeta walked out the door.