Chapter 2 - Teasing Death

•LEVI'S P.O.V

I put my hood on, walk out of my house and start to walk to the coffee shop. I've been there a couple times, it's a nice place, not the biggest but not small.
While walking, I think about my life. What a mess it has been. I don't remember much great things.

A group of 3 teenagers passes beside me, talking happily. Friends. I never had those.

EREN'S P.O.V

Again, a normal workday at the coffee shop starts. I say hi to Armin and Mikasa, who are already here, cleaning the tables. I walk to the staff room and put my uniform on. I walk to the desk and get ready for customers to come.

"Cling" I hear the door opening and short young man steps in. I've seen him here once, but I haven't served him.

"Hello mister, welcome! Would you like to order something?" I say, trying to have the brightest smile on my face. He looks pretty sad to be honest.

"Just a regural coffee", He says and sits on a chair in front of the desk.

"Very well, sir! What's your name?" I ask while doing coffee.

"Write Rivaille", he looks at my name tag, "Eren."

The coffee is done quickly. "There you go", I say and give it to him.

While he reaches for it, his sleeves go up and I can see his wrists. They are full of scars. Fresh made scars.

He takes the coffee, notices my confused look and looks at his wrist.

"Shit, he saw", He says and runs away.

"W-wait!" I try to shout, but he already left.

Armin and Mikasa are next to me. "Guys, please take care of my spot for a while, I got important stuff to do!" I say to them.

Armin looks at me a little weirdly, but Mikasa answers with a yes.

"Thanks guys. I owe you one!" I say and run after that man. Rivaille, wasn't it? Yeah, Rivaille.

LEVI'S P.O.V

He saw. He. Saw.
Shit shit shit!
I run out the coffee without thinking twice. I forgot to pay. Dammit.

I look behind while running. No one in sight. I turn around again and bump into someone.
I fall on my butt and look up as the person glares at me.

"Watch where you're going freak." He walks away as He says this words and spits on me.

A freak. Like I haven't heard that before. I get up again and look behind.

I see that guy running behind me. He's quite far but He spotted me.
Eren, wasn't it? Yeah, Eren.

I see his mouth moving, probably telling me to stop, but I can't hear a thing. I dust myself off and start to run again.

After a few minutes of running I spot a office building. It's big. Great. Big enough to fall and end up like a squished bug.

I run inside the building and onto the elevator. Eren runs inside the building as well and talks to the person on the main desk. She points at the elevator and He starts running to me.

I press the button "roof" quickly and the doors close before Eren could reach me. I hear him kicking it and cursing before the elevator starts going up, leading me to the roof.

"Pling" I hear as the elevator doors open. I walk out and on to the edge. I pull my sleeves up, revealing my fresh cutted arms.

I look down. Everything seems so small from here.
I laugh at myself.

What does it feel like to die?
Is it paniful or peaceful? Is it quick or slow?

Well, as long as I end up dead.
I start walking on the edge, goofing around near it. Jumping up and down, almost as a tease to life. A brezze passes by making my hair flow with the wind.

Why do I feel so peaceful right now? Oh yes. My hell is going to be over.

I sigh in relief.
My father wouldn't care.
I'll be just one more stone in the graveyards. Just one more piece of stone that people can stare and fake their sorrys at. Because let's be honest, no one likes me.

I always tried to be nice to people. But hey, this world is full of assholes. And I'll be scraped out of that list in a few seconds.

And even if I'm not on that list, I'll survive right? Angels can fly.

"1." I walk on my tip toes. "2." I raise my arms in the air, trying to take balance. "3." I jump up and down on the edge again. "4." I look towards the ground. "5."

I leaned forward. My body looking like an angel. A fallen angel.

"Angels can fly." I whisper.

I close my eyes. Waiting for impact.

But instead I feel two firm hands on my shoulders. I feel myself being pulled and tackled on the ground. My right arm being held against my back, obligating me to stay still.

"Not today Rivaille."