Chapter 2

Rena

I need to get out of here, He'll start asking questions, nothing good comes from that. The window. I dig my fingers under and pull, it comes up with a grunt from me I look down at my bare legs and shrug. I swing one leg over and the door opens.

"Ah ha, trying to escape." Asher states. "Not so fast," He pulls me back in and slams the window close. He sits on the bed and pats the spot beside him. "Sit,"

I walk over, my legs feel stiff and my mind blank. I sit down mechanically, and turn to face him. I can feel him judge me. I looks at my ugly black and blue bruises, scars and cuts. I'm disgusting. I want to lock myself in the bathroom and cry until all emotion has left my body. "What?" I ask trying to sound annoyed. Inside I'm shaking, why's my life so messed up?

"Who did this to you?" He asks. I inwardly wince. Of all the things he could have said, asked. He had to ask that.

"I'm really clumsy," I reply. "You now, always running into something, tripping falling."

"Yeah," He snorts. "what did you run into, someones fist."

"Yes," I reply deadpan. "I do it in my spare time you should try it sometime, it's most enjoyable." I stand up and look him in the eye. "I'm leaving, I can't deal with this and I have school."

I grab my bag from beside my bed and walk into the bathroom. I quickly change gingerly putting on my shoes, so my foot didn't throb more than it had to. My breath in all shaky as I open the door. Just leave and don't look back, exactly like home. Ha, they probably don't even know I'm gone. I feel tears welling up in my eyes, no matter how many times they had told me and spit in my face the truth still hurt. No, it burn. It teared at my soul ripping me apart, but I had to go. I splash water on my face and look at myself in the mirror. I can do this!

I swing the door open with great excitement. I walk toward the door, out of the corner of my eye I see Asher sitting on the bed. I bounds up and grabs my arm. I clench my fist tightly, so much that my knuckles turn white. "What?" I all but growl.

"Listen," he says slowly like I'm a small child. "You need a place to stay, I've got a place."

"What's the catch?" I say nervous.

"All you have to do is,"

"Spit it out," I growl.

"You cook," He grins shoot, cooking not the best memories.

"Fine," I stick out my hand for a handshake. Smirking he shakes, what did I get myself into.

Alarm bells go off in my head, shoot!