prologue

"Seolhyun, it's me."

"Yes, Hongki ssi. I'm in front of the building right now. Are you on your way?"

"Uh, no. Seolhyun-ah, I'm sorry, I have to cancel our dinner today. Grandpa have an important meeting with the Japanese client, and I need to be there too."

"Really? What should we do? Jaejin must've arrived there."

"I'm really sorry, Seolhyun-ah. Can you go first? I will try my best to finish work early and go later, okay?"

"Okay. Don't worry. I hope your meeting will go on smoothly."

"Sorry. I will see you later."

"Okay, see you later."

Seolhyun exhaled. She was hoping Hongki would be there. Tomorrow was the dance recital and she was really nervous. But she couldn't blame him. She want to be an understanding girlfriend so she will cheer for him no matter what.

She smiled to cover her uneasiness and put on her headphones.

When she arrived at the zebra crossing, the traffic light was red and the light for pedestrian walk was green. So with her headphone covering her ears, she rushed to the other side, hoping to catch the bus on time. She was totally unaware of the honking of the car that came toward her in full speed.

All she remembered was the chorus part of the song 'Time Machine', and the pain that shot throughout her body before she was overcame by darkness and her body went completely numb.