six

" Because of you, I can't even dream of another love,
I'm a fool that only knows you - what do you want me to do?"

The next morning, Hongki woke up at 7. He sat up straight but then he remembered that he fought with his grandfather last night, he didnt have to go to work so he leaned back into the comfort of his mattress. Reaching out for his phone, he quickly dialled the number he now had in his speed dial.

His call was answered almost immediately by a sweet voice at the other line.

"Hello?"

"Hey beautiful." a smile crept at the corner of his lips as the voice chuckled.

"Hongki ssi, you just woke up?" he nodded at the question.

"Yeah, where are you?" he asked, stretching his free hand.

"I'm at the studio. Need to practise for the coming audition.." she said before she was interrupted by a giggling voice at the background.

"Seolhyun, is that mr.boyfriend?" her friend teased. Hongki couldn't help but to smile.

"Hey, Choa, can you please be quiet?" she sighed and her friend laughed. There was a moment of silence before she spoke again, but this time without any other voice.

"Hongki ssi, you still there?"

"I like your friend, is she single? Maybe we could pair her up with my bestfriend, Jae." he chuckled.

A sigh can be heard from the line. "Yeah, she is my bestfriend too. She can such a nuisance sometimes but she's nice. We should really do that, maybe invite both of them to dinner with us."

"Great. What time do you finish your practise?" he asked, before she could answer, a voice cut her.

"Seolhyun, Madam is here. Say hello to mr.boyfriend!" a same voice- Choa said.

"Ugh, I have to go. I finish at 3."

"Okay, I'll fetch you up. See you, bye."

"Bye."

***

"So where are we going?" Seolhyun asked.

They had just finshed lunch and was on their way to somewhere as she typed on her phone replying Choa's message. Her friend had been teasing her about Hongki all day. "Are we having dinner with Choa and your friend.. What was his name again?"

"Jaejin. And no, we're not having dinner with them today. I'm taking you to somewhere else. It's a long trip, but I've bought some snacks if you're bored. I'm sure you'll like the place." he turned to look at her and smile.

"Okay.." she smiled back. It was no wonder that he made her curious all the time, but in a good way.

The trip was long indeed, and after a bag of chips, she fell asleep.

When she woke up again, it was already dark outside.

'I must've fell in deep sleep.' she thought. She rubbed her eyes and looked around. They had stopped somewhere, and her boyfriend was missing.

She straightened her posture and her heart started to beat faster. Where was he?
She scanned her surroundings once again and saw a tall building not far from where the car was, and it was.. Colorful.

Her eyebrows met. She was scared alright, but her curiousity got the best of her, so she stepped out of the car cautiously, ready to hop in again if she need to.

The cold salty air blew across her face and she heard waves crashed with the ground. It was then she realized that they were near the ocean. But where was Hongki?

She walked to the tall building and now she finally saw the structure. It was a red lighthouse, with colorful little lights hanging around it. Whoever did it must be stupid enough to climb all the way to the top to hang the lights, but she had to admit that it was very beautiful.

"Do you like it?" said a voice from her back.

She swirled around and saw Hongki standing just a few steps behind her, smiling.

"Oh my God, Hongki ssi, I thought you were murdered or something." she exclaimed and the guy chuckled.

"Well if I did, then I must be a ghost now. A handsome one too." he smirked.

"Stop it." she pouted. "What is this?"

"Um, well, it's a building."

Seolhyun rolled her eyes. "I know Hongki ssi, but who did this?"

"I did." and her eyes widened.

"You what? When did you have time to do all this? And how did you hang it all the way from the top?"

"I have my ways." he smiled reassuringly as he stepped forward to her. "Please tell me you like it." he touched her face, and it brought heats to her cheeks.

"Of course I do. But you don't have to do this."

"I want to, because I want only the best for you." he smiled. "and also because this reminds me of our first date, back in the ferriswheel cabin."

The memory made her smile. It was a beautiful moment shared by both of them, and she will never forget it.

"I have a feeling that I wasn't doing it right back then, that's why I planned all this.."

Hongki reached into his pocket and pullet out a necklace with a beautiful pendant attached to it.

Seolhyun was rigid as he put the necklace around her neck. She touched the pendant of a little ballerina.

"Oh, it's so pretty." she breathed.

"Consider it as my gift for you, and as a token of memory, so I'll stay with you, always." he smiled.

"Thank you, Hongki ssi." she hugged him.

They stayed like that for a few moment, both were very grateful because they found each other. It was like they were saying silent promises, he was hers as she his. The moon and stars were the witnesses, as the starcrossed lovers stood before them, vowing that their love is forever.