Chapter 26- Krism

My legs are dangling off the edge

The bottom of the bottle is my only friend

I think I'll slit my wrists again and I'm gone gone gone gone

May 7, 2013

My phone clattered to the ground as I stated at Minx in horror. She was shaking with rage. "Krism? Kris?" Amanda's voice echoed from my phone but I was too scared to pick it up. Minx's eyes glistened with unshed tears. "You know I can't handle this Krism! Now tell me, who is Rachel!"

I froze again at the mention of her name. My mind flashed back to everything, to the pain and suffering, to the crying.

Glass shards rained down as sharp as ice. Screaming. Crying. Pain. RACHEL!

I flinched again and stared at Minx. "You don't understand Minx! This isn't just something I can talk about!" Minx laughed bitterly. "I don't understand?! Do you know what I've gone through? I can handle whatever shit you're about to say! Who is she huh, your mistress?"

I shook my head. "No! Don't you dare say that about her! And what I've been through is ten times worse then whatever happened to you! It's you who doesn't understand!" Minx took a step towards me. "I will! Now tell me Krism!" I backed away from her. "I can't!"

With that I flew back into the building, past a shocked Minx, and ran. I ran up the flights of stairs until i finally reached the roof. Tears were rolling down my face as I strode into the open air, my hair flying in the breeze. I laughed bitterly.

"I tried Rach. I promised she wouldn't ever find out about you, I'm sorry." I walked over to the edge of the roof and looked down. The concrete seemed so welcoming, so far but so close. I dangled a foot off the roof. No one would miss me, I could just do it. I deserved it.

"Stop!" I turned around and saw Minx staring at me with a panicked gaze. She was hyperventilating and panting. I stepped away from the edge as she smirked. "You can't get rid of me that easily. Now stop before you hurt yourself. Come here."

I hesitated but began to stride towards her, she was so beautiful. I had to. When i reached her she frowned. "You're crying. Why? Look Krism whatever you tell me I won't be mad. I swear."

I bit my lip and looked down. "You'll never look at me the same way again. You'll never talk to me again. I'm a monster. I deserve to die." Minx laughed. "You sound like me, join the club. Look, we can start slow. Who is Rachel?"

I felt another tear run down my face at her name. Minx noticed. "Krism?" I sighed, knowing I couldn't hide it any longer. This was my final punishment, my fate. Minx would hate me and it would all be over.

"She's my sister." I mumbled this, the tears falling faster. Minx smiled. "See. Not that hard. Now tell me why she makes you cry." I walked away from Minx and sat on the ground near the edge.

She followed suit and scooted closer so our thighs touched. I looked down, my hair falling in my face. "You might as well brace yourself Minx. This is the last time you'll ever love me." Minx gasped. "That's not true! Just explain what the hell is going on."

I sighed. "Well, since that bitch Liz found it out I guess I have to say it. I'll start from the beginning. Rachel is my sister. She was sixteen last time i saw her. She looks like a younger more beautiful version of me. We did everything together. Even things I hated..."

"Come on Kris! It'll be fun! Maybe you can meet some guys!" I shook my head as we strode into the party. Rachel looked beautiful as always, in a poofy white dress that was too short for my liking. "You know dad will never approve!"