1

It has been two hours since they departed from Rotterdam-The Hague Airport. They still have another seven hours before they arrive at Airport Semente-Kaesong. This private airport belongs to a (Creole) Portuguese-Korean community. There are a few flights arriving and departing towards Jejudo Airport, Texel International Airport and Fukuoka airport. The airport has one long runway of 1,9 km, a big garage for private jets, a terminal and two apartment flats that serves as the local hotel for visitors. There are several Korean bus-tours towards Kaesong, Nampo and Pyongyang. Commercial airlines do not operate on the airport nor are commercial travellers allowed to buy tickets and aviate with the airport. The airport is in a special economic zone where several foreign corporations have settled. The corporations are from China, Indonesia, India, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and some Caribbean island nations. There are many foreigners that work in those factories and offices. The foreigners are only permitted to travel between the economic zone and Pyongyang.

The Gulf-stream business Jet is operated by two Korean pilots who were paid a double fair for this trip. The passengers are Lisa, Francisca, Marijke, Takayuki and Soyeon. Lisa is educated in diplomacy and international relations. Francisca has a major in both Mathematics and European Union studies. Marijke has an MA in cultural studies, with a speciality in museums and local folklore. Takayuki is a Japanese economy student who has an intern-ship in Seoul. He is acquainted with the community leaders of the Luso-Korean community. Because of this he has the opportunity to visit the Netherlands, something he always dreamed about. Soyeon has graduated in animal care and she has been offered a job as an animal caretaker in the economic zone. Only Lisa and Francisca know each other. They have been friends since their studies at Leiden University, it's there where they met the founder of the Luso-Korean community, which is often called Luso-Han or Luso-Chosen. The King of Luso-Chosen was a fellow student which attended several classes together with them. The two friends were invited to participate in a project within Luso-Chosen. Also, it's an opportunity for them to travel for free and with luxury.

Luso-Chosen has around 1260 Portuguese (Lusitanian) members and 3300 Korean members. Furthermore, there are minorities of Chinese (340), Japanese (550), Russians (220) and Dutch (50). The country has no official territory, but has an airport, 3 private jets, six hotels and several farms in diverse areas as their economic capital. The community has a council of ministers who regulate the wealth and economy of the transnational kingdom. Luso-Korea also generates passports and jobs for their members. The spoken languages are (Archaic) Portuguese and Korean. English is the alternative language for business and also Mandarin Chinese due to many contracts that are made with Chinese companies. One of the investments of Luso-Chosen is an office building in Tokyo, which is near a Seveneleven convenient store. The office building functions as an embassy and as a private complex of luxury apartments for the princesses, queen consorts (empress consorts) and ladies of Luso-Chosen: girlfriends/wives of the King and the governors (co-founders) of the transnational kingdom. Each princess, Queen/empress consort and lady is called by their imperial name that's been chosen by their men. Their real names are (often) not known to the members of Luso-Chosen, also because most of the members don't know who they are. Soyeon is the maidservant of Princess Alisa and they are on good terms with each other.