4

Marijke took the bus towards Pyongyang where she booked a hotel for the night. The bus trip lasted long due to rush hour and traffic jams. The hotel she booked was operated by a Dutch-Korean restaurant owner who emigrated to Pyongyang several years ago. She encounters more Dutch people at the hotel. 

''Good evening!'' (Korean)

''Good evening! I'm Dutch...'' (Dutch) '' I would like to book a room for four nights.''

''Ah... also Dutch! How long have you been in Korea?''

''I've just arrived. I'm going further to other cities..''

She picks her passport. 

''Thank you. The passport is fine. That will be 120.000 Won please..''

She pays the large sum of money. 

''Here are your room keys and this manual is for the internet and fire safety.. Enjoy your stay..''

She walks towards the elevator. The hotel is very clean, decorated with socialistic artworks and with a lot of flowers  near each door. She enters the elevator. It's on the 11th floor. From there she can have a good view upon the city. She arrives at her room. Room B1105. The room has two beds, a LCD television set, a desk with a chair, a shower/bathtub  with toilet and air-conditioning. Behind the beds there's a large window that can't be opened. From there she sees the skyline of Pyongyang. She sits on one of the beds and turns the TV on. There nothing interesting on it. She goes through the local broadcasting channels. She picks her smartphone to connect to the WiFi. It connects. And she immediately sees that she has a lot of unread messages. She goes through them all. One is from her best friend who's now in Brazil with her boyfriend, the other is from her mother who is worried about her safety, one is from an annoying ex who's stalking her and one is from a former classmate who wants to hang out. 

She opens a new chat in Whatsapp to contact Franciska.

''Hey Ciska... how is it there at the airport?''

''We are a bit bored around here.. and Lisa is already sleeping..''

''How does the room look like?''

Franciska sends a picture. 

''Ah... who's the girl with the nylon?''

''That's Lisa! She is very tired.. She didn't have a good sleeping pattern for past week. Very busy at the workplace.''

''She works as a hostess?''

''No! She just like wearing fashionable and sexy clothes.''

''Ahh I see. Well, she surely will get some dates around here. They don't see tall blondes daily...''

''Hahaha true! Neither tall brunettes like me! You're in Pyongyang right?''

''Yes. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a local historical museum. I'm allowed to make interviews and to film for my documentary.''

''That's good. Good. Maybe we can catch up the day after tomorrow. At some café.''

Franciska and Marijke befriended each other just a few weeks ago. They have common interests. 

''Will Lisa come too?''

''Don't count on it. She will be resting for the next few days. I believe..''

''If you come, better take the bus early in the morning, before rush hour.''

''Of course..  or maybe I'll take a flight with a small jet..''

''That's expensive...''

''Well, I'm entitled to it due to this business trip. So I'll make good use of it. Show me some of those recordings that you'll have made by then.''

''Yes, I will..  you will depart for Tokyo too, right?''

''Yes, after four days. ''

''Check out what's available in Kaesong.. There are buses and small trains from there to Seoul and Incheon. I've heard.''

''We'll check it out..'' Franciska lays on the bed ''Did you have dinner already?''

''Yes.. the local dishes are delicious. Also Kimchi! Very hot and spicy! I was shocked!''

''hahahah...''

''Well.. I'm going to shower and get some sleep. Cya..''

''Bye''