Part 9

I get into the school and I see all my classmates. They're all excited and happy, but I can tell they are nervous. All I can think about is how after today I'll never have to see any of these people again. I'm sure they're sad they won't see they're friends anymore.

But me being the outcast girl, I don't have to feel sad about losing a friend, cause I never had one. Now I can make a real friend at college. Maybe even have a boyfriend or too.

Having a boyfriend could be nice. I mean a having a boyfriend isn't really something I've focased on in my life so far. I've really just focased on school. And you know home stuff.

I've actually had a pretty boring life. I don't have hobbies. I dont even know what I like. All I know is I want to become a nurse. I just love the idea of helping people. Healing them.

I walk up to the rows of people from my class and stand where I'm assigned. I know that like is right behind me from the dress rehearsal. But he isn't here yet. I'm not even sure if he'd show up. Did he even graduate? Who knows.

Waves of people come in and sit down. All the families of my fellow classmates. I wonder if those families know how many times their spoiled brats bullied me on a daily. I wish they would. But they obviously don't.

The noise from everyone is giving me a headache and I already wanna leave. I see my mom come into the building by herself. That douche must have just let her come her by herself. What an ass.

She sits down where my teacher tells her. She is pretty close to the stage at the beginning of the aisle close to where I'll be walking up to the stage. She makes eye contact with me and smiles widely. I smile back.

As soon as me and my mom are having a great mother-daughter moment it has to be ruined. As me and my mom where waving luke finally showed up. He ran into me facing the other way. He mumbles a sorry undetails his breathe and keeps talking to his friend.

I just turn around and of course now my mom is turned arounder on her phone. All I can see is her back. We have the same hair. Both long brown curly hair. Me and my mom don't get along very often, but she loves me and I love her.

Luke pokes my shoulder and I turn around to face him. Suprsingly he isn't smirking for once and he is genuinely smiling.

"Hey, how are you?" He say's pratically staring onto my soul. "Uhhh, good?" I say not sure why he is talking to me. "That's good." He say's as his smile fades due to the akwardness of the situation. "Yup."

He looks down and that's when I relive what he is wearing. He is wearing a black suit, like the ones in the movies only thing is, his tie is untied.

"Do you need some help?" I ask shyly not thinking that this means I have to touch him. Shít. "Yes! Yeah sure please." I laugh a little and reach out to tie his tie.

LUKES POV

Holy shít she is touching me. Ever since that damn kiss i don't know. I just.. I just really have changed the way I see her. And I can't believe what I did.

My hearts racing. How does she even know how to do this. "How do you know how to do this?" I ask shyly.

She looks up with so much sadness in her eyes I instantly frown. "Um, we'll my dad taught me. Before he passed. He couldn't do it after a while. He got to sick. So I would tie his ties for him everyday. He was a huge suit man."

When she looks up again my heart breaks. She has tears in her eyes threatening to spI'll out. I reached in to hug her. She was caught off guard for a little bit but kinda just relaxed into it. Kind of Suprsing me.

When we finally pull away she wipes her eyes. "You know he is here. Watching you and your mom. Protecting you. He is so happy for you. Just because he is passed don't mean he isn't with you anymore. It just means he has to show you his affection in a different way."

CAITLYN'S POV

After what luke said I feel a lot better. Happier. He has really changed his ways lately to be honest. But God forbid I tell him that. I'm still skeptical of what's happening.

I mumble a thanks and turn back around. That's when my teacher comes up to me. " Hi caitlyn dear. So sadly your escort can't make it tonight. So I'm really sorry but you'll have to go up by yourself." She say's.

I'm so upset. Im gonna look like an idiot. She walk's away. I just stand there. I'm so embarrassed not only do I not have an escort, but I have to go all day just me and my mom. While everyone else here has all their family friends.

"Need an escort?" Luke asks standing next to me in line. I look back and his escort is going back to where his mom is glaring at me. "Uh what are you doing?" I ask. He can't be serious can he? That isn't even allowed right? "I'm being your escort and your mine cutie." He winks at me.

My teacher walks over again. "What's happening?" She asks. Luke explains everything to her. She just smiles and nods walking away. I can't believe luke hemming is my escort.

I look at luke angrily. He just smiles at me. "So where's your family siting?" He ask's after a while. "Um, well my mom is over there." I say pointing to my mom's back. He nod's, "where's your step dad?". I just look down not really sure what to say. "he is working. Couldn't get out of it." I decide to lie. He nods looking away. I stare at my feet.