Chapter One

Leilani's POV

*Last day of junior year*

"Are you excited for Summer break?" Luke asks me.

Luke and I have been best friends since we came out of the womb. Our moms were the bestest of friends so we were bound to be the same. We have done everything together. And when I say everything, I mean it. We even used to take baths together.

Okay, maybe that was too much information, but I was just trying to make a point.

"Do you even have to ask?" I reply. "You don't understand how long I have been waiting to leave that fucking school, even if it is just for a couple of months."

"Lei, please," Luke reiterates.

Ugh, Luke can be SUCH a prude. Sometimes I wonder why we're even friends in the first place, but I wouldn't give him up for anything.

"Sorry Luke. I forgot."

"Are we going to our spot?" Luke asks, changing the subject.

"Of course, is that even a question?" I laugh.

We walk to the park that we have gone to ever since we were able to walk. Fortunately for us, when we were younger it was right down the street from where we lived so our parents were always fine with us coming here without them.

I remember once when Luke and I were in fifth grade, I dared Luke to go on the merry go round so I could spin it as fast as I can. He wasn't really a bright kid, so I wasn't surprised when he agreed to do it. Luke got on and I spun. After a couple of moments, he screamed at me telling me to stop. When I did and the spinning came to a mere end, he jumped off and ran to the nearest tree and threw up on it.

From that moment, that was our tree. We went to it everyday to hang out (obviously after it was cleaned up because if not that would've been gross).

When we got the the tree, I ran to it and started climbing. Luke followed right behind resting against the tree.

"I'm going to miss this place," I say as I pull a leaf from a branch from above the on I'm sitting on.

"What do you mean?" Luke asks.

"Well, when we get back to school we'll be seniors and actually have to think about our future, so we might not always have time to come here anymore. We'll be busy with all kinds of other stuff."

"Oh, I guess you're right," Luke replies solemnly.

"Hey," I say poking his shoulder with a long tree twig. "We're leaving the tree not each other."

"Yea I know, but most of our memories were made here, it'll be hard just to forget about it," he looks up at me.

"Luke, chill, we aren't going to forget them, this will still be our tree." I jump off the tree and sit beside Luke against the trunk.

"Well then let's make it official," he reaches into his bag and brings out a pair of scissors.

"But didn't you already do that when you threw up here?" I chuckled.

"Shut up, people called me Pukey all the way up to 8th grade, thanks to you. But what I want to do is carve our initials in this tree."

"Yeah let's do it," I grab the scissors from his hand and proceed to carve our initials on the old wood. When I was finished I looked at my handiwork, it was simply our initials because I had no idea what else to do.

"Let me see those, that looks basic af," he steals the scissors.

"Why don't you say 'as fuck'?" I ask him while he's concentrating on his carving.

"Because my mom can be lurking around at any moment," he says making me laugh uncontrollably of how afraid Luke is of his mother. He is such a mummy's boy, I swear.

"Voila!" he steps back allowing me to look at it. Luke carved a tree with the words "Leike's Tree" on the wood part and our initials were placed in the leaf part.

"What the fuck is a 'Leak'?" I gave him a puzzled look.

"It's pronounced 'lake' and it's a combination of our names," he sits back down against the tree.

"You did a fine job," I compliment him and sit beside him. I lay my head on his shoulder and we sit in silence for a while.

"Lei?" Luke speaks, breaking the silence.

"Yea?"

I look up at him as he sighs shakily, not saying anything.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" I sit up and turn back to look at him starting to get worried.

"Yea, I'm fine, I just need to tell you something but I don't know how to."

I don't say anything. I just look at him with an anxious expression.

"I-I," he stutters. "I love you."

A/N

Hey guys, we are back and better than ever. We chose to restart this book because we really didn't know where it was headed and we really needed a do over.

As for the chapter I know some of you may be thinking "tf, it's the 1st chapter and he already said 'I love you'?" You must remember that they have known each other for their entire lives so you can expect the beginning to move a bit quicker than most stories, and that's fine because this book is mainly focused on their actual relationship with each other.

Thank you for reading and please vote/comment. Your feedback can help us better this book. :)))) - Ambleah