Chapter Three

Leilani's POV

I walk into my house only to be scared my sister's voice.

"Where have you been? It's almost two in the morning."

"Holy fuck! Aubree! What are you doing up?" I turn on the light switch to the dim living room.

Aubree is my twin sister, and more than that, she is my best friend. In some ways I feel closer to her than I do Luke.

"I was waiting for you. I wanted to make sure mom and dad didn't wake up and find out you snuck out of the house. Now because I answered your question, you answer mine."

"Haha that's why you're my favorite sister," I laugh while I walk past her to the kitchen.

"Buuuut I'm your only sister..." She follows behind me.

"And?"

As I open the fridge for a drink I hear my parents' door crack open.

"Lani? Bree? What are you guys doing up?" I hear my mom's tired voice call from down the hall.

"We're just getting a snack," Aubree replies while walking to the pantry and opening the door.

"You girls need to go to sleep, it's too late for you to be up," mom replies in between yawns.

I groan as Aubree and I walk to our room. Yes, we do share rooms, but not because we are forced to, mostly because its the only way we can get in our last minute gossip.

"So, where were you?" Bree immediately asks when I close the door.

"I was with Luke. I had to talk to him."

"What was so important that it couldn't wait until tomorrow?"

"Well..."

I explained to her everything, from Luke confessing his love, to me giving him the summer to make me fall in love with him. She listened to everything and never interrupted, however, I could tell that she had so many things she wanted to ask me.

"Wait, if you already know that you're going to date him when he asks, why make him wait almost three months?" She asks when I'm done explaining everything.

"It's complicated, because I want to know for sure, you know..." I pause. "I guess I just want to see what it would be like to date him without actually dating him."

"Yea," she says after yawning. She then looks at the clock and so do I.

"It's almost 3:30, we should probably go to sleep, but we will finish this conversation in the morning."

"Yea." I say while turning towards the wall away from my sister. "Goodnight."

Snore.

The next morning

I wake up to find the room empty. How is it that every morning, no matter how late we stay up, Aubree is awake at the butt crack of dawn. I look at the clock and see that its barely noon.

Perfect. I still have time to sleep. Just as the thought slips my mind my brother comes in.

"LALI! LALI ITS TIME TO GET UP AND WATCH ME PLAY!" He jumps on my bed, screaming.

"Finn, relax," I say and he sits at the end of the bed, "I can't come watch you play soccer today, I have things to do, but count me in on the next one," I finish telling him.

"Pinky promise?" he sticks out his pinky that I soon clutch with my own.

"Now go kick some butt," I encourage him, and chase him out of my room.