Chapter Four

Luke should be here any minute now. I've been awaiting his arrival so I have a legit reason for leaving.

After my sister's confession, I really don't know if I should even be going out with him. I know there are sayings like "sisters before misters," but my sister hates me. Does that still apply? I need to tell someone but the people that I would tell are the ones that I'm conflicted with.

I hear a knock at the door and assume it's Luke. With one last look in the mirror, I head downstairs.

"Mom, I'm leaving now!" I yell while putting my shoes on.

"Okay, have fun! And don't forget to say no!" She calls back.

I answer the door and see Luke standing there in his usual black jeans and black shirt.

"Hello, Lei, are you ready?" He asks.

"Yep let me just grab my purse," I quickly retrieve my small purse laying on the couch.

When I return he holds out his arm gentlemen like for me to wrap my arm around his, just how couples do in the movies. As we draw near the car he unhooks his arm and proceeds to open the car door for me, "Thank you," I smile at him.

He runs around to the drivers side and begins to drive, "May I ask where we are going?" I look at him.

"You may not," he keeps his eyes on the road.

"Well am I dressed appropriately for where we are going?" I ask considering I'm wearing blue jeans and a simple cardigan.

"Yes, now please no more questions," Luke focuses back on the road.

I'm not sure I like this Luke. Usually Luke will be excited and nervous, but this Luke seems demanding and the opposite from him. Luke continues driving until we reach a desolate jungle like location.

"Luke, what are we doing here?" I look at him nervously.

"C'mon, I'll show you," He gets out of the car and goes to the rear to get something out of the trunk, "Are you coming?"

I unbuckle and join him in the warm summer air.

"Now follow me," Luke holds his free hand out and I lace my fingers with his. As different as this feels, holding hands with Luke is so comforting to me. When we stop walking, we come across a bungalow and a few more steps later I notice the beach. Luke stops for a second then continues to walk to open the door.

We walk in and head to the living room area. As soon as I enter, I see the t.v. with Netflix already on and blankets and pillows on the floor.

"Leilani would you like yo Netflix and
chill?" He says with a smirk.

"Do you even know what that means?" I burst out laughing.

"Well yea, Netflix and chill it's pretty self explanatory... isn't it?" He answers nervously.

"No Luke, Netflix and chill is just another saying for 'come on over so we can fuck," I laugh again at his innocent mind.

He flinches at my profanity and I just laugh it off.

"Oh my god, I had no idea. I am so embarrassed right now," Luke says as he turns away from me.

"Hey, it's fine," I touch his shoulder making him turn around and look at me. "The night has just begun, we could just lay down and watch movies. There is nothing wrong with that."

"Oh, okay," Luke replies. I can see that he is still embarrassed but I decide not to push and make things worse.

We watch a couple of movies and shows before I feel my eyes dragging. I am laying on Luke's shoulder, which I thought would be uncomfortable but surprisingly isn't. I can't watch another second.

"Lei?" Luke asks.

I am too tired to even answer, so I don't say anything. Luke shuffles from under me and I am afraid that he is going to leave, but he only adjusts our position to where I am laying on his chest and his chin is on the top of my head.

"I love you Leilani," I hear Luke say before he kisses the top of my head, and my heart flutters. My heart actually flutters.

"I love you too Luke." I yawn before finally closing my eyes.

~~

"You need to leave before she wakes up."

"Hey, I cooked I deserve a few pieces of bacon."

I wake up to hushed voices coming from the kitchen. When I sit up, I notice my surroundings, shit. My mom is going to kill me. Well, I might as well enjoy my freedom while I still have it.

Pulling the covers off of me, I walk down a hallway that I hope leads to the bathroom. Once I look decent I walk up the kitchen to join Luke and his guest.

"Hurry up, you need to go," I hear Luke.

"Calum? What are you doing here?" I shock both the boys with my entrance.

"He's just leaving, bye Calum," Luke walks to the front door to see him out.

"Goodbye Leilani," Calum looks at me before walking out.

"Let's eat breakfast," Luke chirps, guiding me to breakfast heaven.

A/N
AGHHH Leilani said she loves Luke too! I'm so happy for them!

Sorry for updating late, blame that on Amber, but after today, we promise the updates will only be on thursdays.

Please don't forget to comment and vote, every little thing helps -Ambleah