Ness X Reader: ~Next to me~

EarthBound Oneshot Songfiction

Ness X Reader

---

'As a kid they told it was made up'

"Ness!"

A (h/c) haired girl with goregous (e/c) eyes turned around.

"Ness!"

The boy smirked at the girl. "(Y/N)!"

"Ness! I'm back!" The girl pulled Ness into a big hug.

"I-I..."

.

"Ness! Ness!"

'But I used it to tell them they were wrong'

.

The boy's eyes shot up. "H-Huh? Wh-What..."

"Ness..." A blonde boy shook his head. He was sitting next to Ness. They were in a simple classroom, with a lot of desks and two chalkboards.

"You fell asleep again."

"Jeff..." Ness rubbed his eyes. "I-I dreamt about..."

"...(Y/N)." Jeff cut Ness off. "I know. you talked in your sleep. Again."

'It's the blue eyed girl that made me wake up'

"B-But..."

Jeff grabbed Ness' shoulders. "Ness. You have to stop thinking about her. She..." His emotions went sad. "She's not going to come back. She..."

'Stayed right behind me in this song'

~ Ness' flashback~

"...I'm moving."

"Wh-what?"

"Ness! Please listen to me!" (Y/N) grabbed Ness' shirt. "...I-I..." Her eyes filled with tears. She pressed her lips together when the tears ran down her cheeks.

"I'm m-moving..." She stuttered while she shivered. She umwrapped Ness' waist and pressed her face on his chest.

'Instead they counted every heartbeat'

"(Y/N)..." Ness blushed when he started to stroke her (h/c) hair. "I-I..."

Ness slowly hugged her back. "E-Everything is going to be okay..."

"N-NO! Nothing is going to be okay! I-I--" She was interrupted by the shivers. "I-I'm going to move to H-HawkLand... I-It's so far away from EagleLand..."

'Thinking about the words to say'

(Y/N) slowly moved away from Ness. "W-When...?" He asked.

She rubbed her red eyes. "In five minutes."

"Wh-why you d-didn't tell me...?"

"I didn't say it because I wanted to enjoy our last days toghether..."

"That means... We're seeing us today the last time..."

Fresh tears arrived in (Y/N)'s eyes. "Y-Yes..."

Her lips slowly came closer to his. She was about to kiss him, but then she went away and gave his right cheek a small smooch.

'Try not to understand our feeling'

"G-Good bye Ness... I'll never forget you..." She pulled away and turned around. She stumbled to the car of her parents and locked the car door (?).

The car motor started and it drove away. (Y/N) didn't wave, she looked away from Ness and still rubbed her face.

Ness was too shocked to do anything. He still stood there and thought about that what just happened. He was too shocked to be sad. For this moment.