Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

"Flight fifty-six to Toronto, Canada is now boarding. I repeat flight fifty-six to Toronto, Canada is now boarding." I nudged my mom making her spill some coffee on her. I giggled into my hand as she glared at me before wiping the stain.

"Did you remember your jacket?" She asked throwing her finished cup away.

"Yeah." I said as I held up my arm to show her my neatly folded jacket draped over my arm.

"Good, because it is going to be very cold when we get off the plane." Mom stated.

"I know, mom. It's not the first time I've been to Canada." I said rolling my eyes. Mom chuckled and handed the attendant our tickets. She directed us to our seats. Before she left she got us a bottle of water and told us we would be leaving shortly. I sighed and pulled out my headphones from my pocket. I placed them in my ears and blasted the music, letting myself drift to sleep.

I awoke to the bouncing of the plane, causing me to bounce in my seat. I had hit my head on the seat beside me. "Oww." I groaned, rubbing my head.

"Lady's and gentleman, we have arrived in Toronto, Canada. The time is three o'clock and the temperature is thirty- five degrees Fahrenheit. Thank you for flying with Delta Air Lines and enjoy your day." The pilot said over the loud speaker.

Slowly, I stood up and stretched. I shook my mom's shoulder causing her to jerk awake. Slipping on my jacket, we exited the plane. We waited as the luggage claim for our suitcases. I went to go reach for mine but someone beat me to it. "That's my luggage." I said pointing to my name tag dangling from the handle.

"Oh, sorry. I guess our suitcases look the same." The guy said pointing to an identical red and black suitcase.

"It's okay. It was just an accident." I said as I grabbed the handle to wheel it. As I turned to walk past him, we bumped into each other causing our phones to fall to the ground. I reached for mine and our hands touched. I felt a shock go right up my arm. Immediately, both of us reacted and pulled our hands away.

"Veronica! Let's go!" I heard my mom yell.

I looked up to meet the guy's eyes. Well, not really because instead I was greeted with dark shades. He even had his hood up. "Sorry, I have to go." I whispered and felt around the floor with my hand. I grabbed my phone and stood up quickly. "Sorry again." I said as I rushed off to find my mom waiting a trash can. She had gotten a rental car, so we had taken that and drove to my grandma's.