Car Rides (Chap. 15)

(Violet's POV)

As Evan was driving us to the abandoned wearhouse, I check Andrea's leg. Its been almost a week and I wanna know how her leg is doing.

"Hey Andrea, do you feel your leg getting better?" I ask as I reach over for her injured leg.

"Yea, its not hurting as much as before, it hurts when I try to walk with it though." She says and I unwrap the bandages and I see the swelling has lowered and its not as red.

I take out a fresh roll of bandages and wrap her leg up carefully. She let's out a hiss sound when I was in the middle of wrapping it.

"Oh, I am sorry Nea, I didn't mean to hurt you." I say as I go a little slower.

"No, its okay. It just hurt a little bit."She says and I smile at her as I finish wrapping up her leg.

[1 Hour Later, still in the car]

I look out the window and watch as light after light pass by and disappear in the blink of an eye. It was late already and I was losing my patience.

"Hey Evan, are we almost there?" I ask, raising my head from my hand.

"Yea, just a few more blocks, sorry that its taking forever but I am trying to hurry." He says and I smile.

"Its okay Ev, no need to rush." I say and I catch him smiling from his reflection.

I watch the road continue on a never ending pace and I look to my side to see Jennifer and Andrea sleeping. I smile at how peaceful they look. I look over at Delirious who seemed to be dozing off as well.

I let out a yawn but I try to keep myself awake in case of anything. Finally, I see a dark building up ahead so I start waking up the two girls beside me.

"Hey, you guys wake up." I say, shaking them lightly, making Andrea open her eyes slowly and stretch.

"Where are we?" She says in such a tired tone. Jennifer opens her eyes and stretches also.

"We are here at the wearhouse." I say and they both let out a sigh of relief.

"Finally, I have been urging to stretch out my legs." Jennifer says and the three of us giggle.

"Yup, don't worry though, there's rooms with comfy beds in them, you girls can rest all you want." Evan says as he parks the car in a hidden area.

We all exit, except for Delirious who seemed to be sleeping peacefully in the passenger seat. Evan didn't want to risk waking him up so he just left him there.

I help Evan open the rusty doors of the surprisingly small wearhouse. The inside was nothing compared to what the outside looked. This inside was all clean and well done. I look at Evan with a confused look on my face.

"Oh, I forgot to mention that over the years, I have been fixing the place up, it looks more of a house than a wearhouse if you ask me." He says, walking up some stairs. I follow behind him and when we arrive on the second floor, the hallway had six doors. Three on each side.

"So we have eleven people in our group and there's six rooms, how many people can fit in one room out of six?" He asks and I give him a weird look.

"Since when did you become a math whiz?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Well, I was good at math when I attended school. Answer my question." He says and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Two people can fit in one room but there's gonna be one extra person so one of the six rooms is gonna have three people." I answer back, earning a wide smile from Evan.