Chapter 1

I have lived in the same dull, lifeless town for most of my existence. I believe it wasn't until about my 8th grade year that something breathtaking changed everything I lived for. I have always been pretty childish. I say that but I think that most people would say the complete opposite. I am very mature for my age. I just have made some childish decisions.
     In similarity to most young girls, my life has a very complicated love story. Cheesy I know, but it's true. He was the "creep" that I never imagined being with. He was far from ugly. He was actually very attractive . The only reason I didn't like him to begin with was his feelings for my best friend.
     Marcus was his name. Like I said he had liked my best friend first. She was far more beautiful than I ever thought of being. She was gorgeous not only for her looks but her bubbly personality. Emma was her name and she was always more like a sister than a friend. She could make any mans world brighter than the sun itself. I couldn't blame him for loving a girl like Emma.
     I refused to have feelings for Marcus at that time in our lives. I seen the way he looked at her. He cared about her more than anything. All I could do was stand back and watch in amazement. I was intrigued by the way he loved her. You could see it just looking at him. I gazed into his deep dark eyes and seen his feelings for her. The sad part was when you looked into hers you could feel that she never felt the same. Emma and I have had multiple conversations about him. She always talked about how he was a pervert and a huge creep. I just sat and agreed because honestly I never really had gotten to know Marcus. All I really knew was what I had heard. Rumors went around about him everyday. I didn't want to believe them but I did. Those rumors made me really believe that he was a pervert. I had people address Emma and I about every week to tell us that he looked at us inappropriately  and well honestly every once in a while I did see him glance at us weirdly for a few seconds until he met my eyes and looked away. It was at that point when I felt a little disgusted of him just because of those rumors making it seem like it was true. I never wanted to believe any of it though.
     Marcus had later asked Emma out. I knew he would and I think she did too. She had turned him down like I knew she would. Everyone seen it coming. I think even Marcus knew what she would say. Marcus moved on far faster than I thought he would. He moved onto me. Me of all girls. Mikaella Taylor, that's me. He didn't only like me. That boy fell in love with me. The best part though, is I fell for him. I didn't want to at the time but I did. He also asked me out like right away. I think he was joking at first but he just kept asking. He wouldn't give up. I believed in the rumors in that point in time so I turned him down before I even thought twice about it. Yes, I had feelings for him but I also didn't want to get into a relationship with a guy who only liked me for my body. Which is what I thought at the time.
     That was a dumb thing to think in the first place though because I have never been good looking. I'm not an ugly girl but I am nowhere near beautiful. I am short, not very small, and I have so much acne it makes me sick. Like I said I'm not ugly but I am definitely not Emma.  She is tall with caramel blonde hair that's so curly that it just fits her personality. She is also skinny with a perfect face. Her tan skin with her bright smile could light up a room. I on the other hand, am whiter than snow with dark hair straighter than a board.