Chapter 9

I woke in my bed but I didn't open my eyes. I was tired and for some reason my arms were sore. I could feel something on my hand. I though it was my hair no slowly ran my finger through it. I opened my eyes and saw Matt laying next to me. I jumped up for. The bed not making a sound. I was whering a big yellow tshirt I assumed was matts and boy cuts ( they are basically underwhelm but there like dance short things lol look them up if you don't know ). Matt was whering some boxer shorts, did we ? I said in my hair d running my fringes threw my hair and stepping out of my bed. I walked down stairs, my house wasn't messy but the back yard was full to empty cups and pizza boxes. Nash's and Maggie were passed out in a table and Hayes and Paige were asleep in my basement. I went outside and pushed Nash off the table. He got up with bags under his eyes and said " yoooooo ". " what happened last night ? " I asked " well we all played spin the bottle Exocet for you Matt Hayes and Paige. Then You guys watched a movie" he said. " wake up Maggie Hayes and Paige I'll help clean once I get Matt up " I said going inside, I went upstairs and layed on the right side of the bed. Matt was on the left facing my face . I moved my hand through his hair I remembered my ring and saw it and smiled. Me doing this slowly woke Matt up. He jumped up and quickly looked at me and himself and relaxed. " what ? " I said confused " I was making sure we were wherein get clothed and hadn't you know " he said. I lightly smiled at him leaning against him putting my head in his shoulder. He kissed my fore head and I said " I'm gonna take a shower everyone is cleaning up I'll help when I'm done. I grabbed a tell and got into the shower locking the door. After my shower I wrapped my tower around my self and went into my room to out on my ring. I wasn't paying attention  and didn't shut the door but it slammed shut. I swung around to see Veronica holding my ring. " you know, I totally forgive you for stealing my bf and sending me to jail " she said. I slowly moved to my phone to call Matt but she said " don't or I'll take your precious promise ring and you'll never see Matt again " she slowly showed me a small gun form behind her back. I was shaking when she covered my mouth with her hand and out the gun to my head. Hayes walked in and saw he quickly tackled Veronica throwing the gun out the door. Me still holding my towel yelled win stairs and Nash's he Matt came up holding down Veronica. My heart was pounding I felt like I was gonna puke. Matt came over to me and wrapped me in his arms. Hayes and Nash took Veronica down stairs and Maggie called the police to come get her. Matt found my ring in the floor and slid it onto my finger. My eyes were filled with tears and my heart was still pounding. " how much longer can we go on like this " I said as a tear rolled down my face " Veronica can't hurt you with me around " he said " how do you know that ! " I yelled " she seems to find a way to ruin my life no matter here we are Matthew Espinosa I love you but can we really do this ? " I said as more tears ran down my face. I felt a knot in my throut and started crying more. Matt didn't say a word all he did was look down at my ring. " as long as you where this ring I promise I'll keep you safe I know that only because we can do this together " he said. I didn't look at him, he put his hands on my face wiping away my tears and kissing my lips. The kiss was long I could feel my self getting calmer by the second. When he released form the kiss he looked at me, I still was crying slightly I was so confused. He put his hands on my and rub the ring on my finger. He stood up and walked out of the room. I stood still sitting at the edge of my bed stair if at the gun outside my door. I stood up and put on some clothes because I was still in my towel. I slowly walked down stairs. Police were holding Veronica back from me who was screaming, I blocked out the noise around me. I tried to walk past Veronica tried not to look at her. I looked up and she smirked evilly and spit at me. The police took her gun and in shock of Veronica I almost fell backwards. Matt caught  me helped me onto the couch. I kept having thoughts to my self like " can I really do this ? " or " is this a sign ? Should I not be with Matt ? ". I could feel my eyes filling with tears as the police took Veronica. She was swearing at me and screaming loudly at me about how the ring would mean nothing. I walked up stairs and sat on my bed, Matt was talking to me but I was so upset that I couldn't hear anything. It was silent the only thing I could hear was my thoughts. Matt was talking. And I could tell he was saying my name. I kept looking straight and didn't say a word. I couldn't contain my self any longer and burst into a sloppy crying mess. Matt grabbed me quickly and hugged me tight. I hugged him back and cried " I .... Don't........think........I........can........do......this "............