Chapter 40: Déjà Vu

Michael's POV

  Déjà vu is a weird thing. Experiencing an exact feeling you've had before, or at least feeling like you have. Déjà vu is actually quite a weird concept when you think about it, getting a weird sensation of an event that you are experiencing, and feeling like you've experienced it before, even if you haven't.  

   I experience this feeling almost everyday, maybe even a couple of times a day, it's been occurring more and more lately. I've been through the exact situation in the past, but instead of just feeling like I have, I know I have. This reoccurring experience has happened numerous times, all ending on a pretty decent note, but then just landing straight back to square one in what feels like seconds. I don't know if this is actually déjà vu or just repetitive failure, but I know it's definitely something that's not right.

"What about being lost but then finding the one you love and feeling like you're exactly where you belong." I said tapping my pen on my notebook.

"There's thousands of songs like that, man." Luke shrugged while shaking his acoustic guitar to get the pic out of the whole, something that happens to us on a daily basis.

"We'll I don't know." I said frustratedly throwing my notebook on the floor.

"Man, slow love songs are hard." Calum said while running his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah, Ashton was always the good one at this." Luke said.

"Well, he has had the most experience." Calum laughed and Luke joined in.

"Why is that funny?" I asked getting kind of pissed off.

"Dude it was just a joke." Calum laughed.

"Since when was Ashton's despair 'funny'?" I asked.

"Relax, we didn't mean it like that!" Calum groaned and I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Whatever." I said under my breath. "We can't force ourselves to write lyrics cause then it's just gonna turn into a shit song." I stood up, changing the subject.

"Yeah, let's just try again tomorrow." Luke shrugged putting his guitar down.

I felt my stomach growl and made my way out of the garage, into the kitchen, then suddenly my eyes met with Ashton's.

"Hey..." I said awkwardly walking to the fridge.

"Hi." Ashton pretty much whispered trying to avoid any sort of contact with me.

"How are you doing?" I asked, genuinely wondering how he was doing, but he just stayed silent, I waited a couple of minutes for a respond until I finally got fed up and spoke up.

"I have a question." I blurted out but Ashton just stayed silent. "Do you like being like this?"

"Michael." Ashton quietly breathed out.

"No, I'm getting tired of this, I want my fun loving, giggly, best friend back." I raised my voice, feeling kind of bad, but I needed to confront him about this.

"Well I don't think he's coming back, Michael." Ashton's voice cracked a little in a heartless tone, then walked out of the kitchen and out the door.

"What the fuck!" I yelled, kicking the garbage can.

"Dude, what happened?" Luke walked in with a confused look on his face.

"We need to do something about this, Luke, please!" I could feel the desperation in my voice but I didn't care.

"Calm down." Luke said.

"No! I'm fucking tired of this, can't you tell? He needs help! I'm going crazy!" I slumped down on the floor and could feel the tears in my eyes, having another panic attack.