Chapter 28

Hey guys! sorry i even thought about deleting this book and thanks to each one of you, i'm going to continue it :) thanks for being with me on this journey and voting and commenting and everything! haha you guys are my wattpad family! yaay :) love you all x

p.s sorry for the late late update

When we left the library, Maddie led me to the 'west wing' that looked larger than i expected. It was the size of my house which made me think that Gabby's house was bigger on the inside. The room we were in, was the size of my living room and had 3 really expensive looking beds. The walls were white and the carpet was a dark colour.

There was a balcony between two beds and two doors. Through one door i guessed was a bathroom and the other a wardrobe.

"Okay explain to me why Austin and i have to be separated" I asked the question as soon as i sat on the chair of a study table.

She looked at me as she leaned against the wall next to the door and laughed. "It's pretty obvious that Gabby and i don't trust him"

"I figured that out but what's that got to do with the situation we're in?" I paused and thought. "And isn't better if we're all together?"

"Austin's the reason why you're in this mess" Maddie gave me a hard look and i suddenly remembered when she told me that she was Jeanette's best friend.

Going completely off topic i asked. "Tell me about your life before you moved here"

The spark in her eyes fell the colour of her skin on her face lightened. "Okay, well, It seemed like being 16 was the best and worst year, i'll start with the good parts" She paused and gave a half-hearted laugh. "It was Jeanette's 16th birthday at the start of the year, so we went out of town to celebrate, there were 4 of us all having a girls day out. I had never seen Jean so happy, it was good to see her smiling and laughing after what happened to her parents" She trailed off, but recovered by shaking her head.

"What did happen to her parents?" I asked before quickly saying. "If you don't mind me asking, you don't have to answer it" I looked down, beating myself up for asking it.

"Helicopter accident" Two simple words came out of her mouth, making my blood run cold. Not wanting her to have to reminisce the memory i changed the subject.

"Where did she meet Austin?"

"She met Austin at a cafe and it was like her life changed. He was always around and she was always coming here i didn't mind though because i actually thought he'd keep her safe and he did, for a while." She stopped talking, indicating that she didn't want to talk about it anymore than she did, but after a while she smiled to herself.

"My boyfriend and i were still together after two years and he made me happy, it was almost like a love story that you would read in a book but when i moved here i broke up with him because i didn't want to have that awkward long-distance relationship" Maddie stopped to take a breath and i ceased the opportunity to ask a question.

"Did you, uh, love him?" Oh how i enjoy my awkward questions.

"Yeah i did actually" She smiled. "Anyway, Gabby and i have a long history, we've been friends since we were ten, well i'd been friends with Jean since we we in kindergarten, but Gabby and i weren't friends till later, and ever since then she'd always stick around like a big sister to me and of course Jean"

"I don't really talk to Gabby so it's nice to know something" I nodded more to myself.

Maddie nodded, sat down on one of the beds and clapped her hands on her knees as she blew out a half hearted laugh. "Wow i need to stop talking for a second"