Chapter 7

"Hey, Maddy my beautiful girl" I cooed into the phone.

"What do you want?" She asked curious.

"Do you want to come with me to my brothers race tonight?" I asked flipping through the clothes i had in my closet. I was trying to find an outfit to wear tonight, which i failed at. I slumped my shoulders and fell on my bed.

"Sure! I'd love too, it'd be fun" She said with a hint of mischief. I rolled my eyes, oh dear tonight was going to be interesting for sure. "Who else is going?" She asked.

"Sarah, and a my friend James, my other friends can't come" 

"Ooh who's this James i don't know of" Maddy always wanted to know what was up, she needed to know everyone. Ha. Everybody loves her.

"Well, i'll introduce you to him tonight" I laughed.

"Sure, then are we all hanging out after" 

My lips formed a tight line before i spoke. "Um no sorry, you see um today Austin asked to hang out" 

"Hang out?! you mean like go on a date right?" She yelled into the phone. I could just imagine the wide smile that would arrive after.

"No Maddy, we're not even friends" I rolled my eyes. Were we friends? We've only know each other for 2 days.

"And yet, he's asking to "hang out"?" She said the last two words slowly.

"Avery i'm home!" Jake's voice drifted upstairs making me jump.

"Jake's home sorry, bye bub" I quickly said to Maddy.

"See you soon chica" The phone clicked. I connected my phone to my charger and ran down the stairs.

"Hey J" I greeted him smiling.

"Hey Ave, you are coming tonight right?" He asked, hanging his keys on the hook, near the fridge.

"Sure am! i love car racing, i can't believe you didn't tell me sooner" I pouted.

"Well i am so sincerely sorry" He rolled his eyes then flopped down on the couch.

"What did you do today?" I asked, tying my hair up in a quick pony tail.

"Work in the morning, then went to the gym for an hour" He started flipping throught the channels.

"Fun. I'm going out to get food for dinner, need anything" I asked, grabbing some money.

"Nope" He briefly answered.

I started to walk to the door then stopped. "Uh Jake, i just realised you have to take me, i've got no car remember" I let out a loud sigh. This no car business is annoying.

"Fine" He dragged the word out lazily. He slowly got up, ad got the keys, then he walked over to me and patted my shoulder. "You'll get your car soon"

I death glared him and followed him out to his car. He unlocked the car and we both got in and fastened our seat belts .

When we got to the shops i saw several people from my school walking around shopping and talking. Sadly they were people i have grown not to like but to sum it up in simple words they were the popular group. Hailey the bitch from hell was surrounded by guys and girls all wanting to gain her attention. She had platinum blonde hairand blue eyes, she was tall and tan but she didnt have the natural tan she fake tanned herself. 

Jake stood next to me, a look of disgust on his face as he to stared at the group being praised by people they wouldn't even look at. I looked at him with a surprised look.