T is for Tension

14.

++++++++++

'And to think, this little town is only a short drive away. How have we never been to this place before?' Tilly hissed into Ruby's ear as they took in the lavish club in front of them.

Rose walked them right past the long line of people standing out in the rain, the bouncers nodding to her easily as they pulled back the rope. Ruby and Tilly felt like movie stars, giggling as they trotted in after her.

Rose rolled her eyes at them. The look screamed 'don't embarrass me'.

'Probably because we're not old enough to get in on our own, and not important enough bypass the whole ID thing,' Ruby whispered back with a grin.

'What do you guys want to drink?' Rose stopped by a waiter. 'Champers ok?'

Both girls nodded furiously, oh yum!

She said something to the waiter, he nodded and she set off again. Following closely behind, Ruby was beaming in excitement. Sure they went to crappy pubs near their house on the weekends, but this place was by far the coolest club she'd ever seen.

The three girls headed to the back of the room, climbing a few stairs and reaching a roped off VIP area with two large bouncers on guard.

'VIP?' Tilly raised her eyebrows at her best friend. 'Who are these people you are living with?'

Ruby shrugged and turned to Rose quietly, 'is this a club for...people like you?' Vampires. She meant Vampires, but she was hardly going to say that in front of Tilly.

'Partially,' Rose replied as the bouncers pulled back the rope. 'Of course there are humans allowed inside but most of the people in here are like me.'

A slight uneasy feeling spread through her body as she pulled Tilly a little closer, she was hoping this wouldn't turn out to be a bad idea.

'Who let you in here?' A light, flirting voice greeted them as they stepped into the VIP section. A large, open room lay before them. The lighting was dim and red, with luscious black velvet couches lining the outside. Small tables scattered around with more singular chairs around them sectioning off the tables.

Ruby's eyes adjusted to the dim lighting and focused on the guy who had stopped them at the door. He was smiling down at Rose like he knew her well.

'More like who let you in here,' Rose flipped her hair and laughed. 'You know we practically own this place.'

'Who are your friends?' The man's gaze slipped to Ruby and Tilly looking only mildly intrigued.

'Not interested,' Rose smiled sweetly and stepped around him. 'Coming?' She gestured for Tilly and Ruby.

Ruby bit her lip to stop herself laughing at the poor guy Rose totally dissed in front of them. She wasn't going to lie, hanging out with Rose for the night was not her idea of fun. It wasn't a secret they didn't get along, but she was going to try it Tilly's way for a night and go with the flow.

Rose sat down on one of the couches next to a vaguely familiar man, Ruby thought she may have recognized him from the ball. However it was the man sitting on the other side of Rose that had her hesitating before joining them.

Fox for once was looking pretty relaxed. She was almost positive he would kick off about her being there, gotten angry with Rose for bringing them out somewhere that was dangerous. But instead his gaze swept over her briefly, a floor length stare before turning back to the guy sitting to his left. She tugged at the hem of her dress nervously, was it too short?