Chapter 19: Prophecies

Hello! So I only logged on to this account when I noticed I had a huge amount of notifications for another story that's getting a bit of traction! I haven't been on Wattpad in a few years now and had completely forgotten about this story! However as it is the only one unfinished -  I thought I better give it a proper ending it for those few that are currently reading it :) 

19.

Ruby snuggled into her blanket feeling her muscles finally start to relax. She could see the lump over on Fox's bed move slightly and felt reassured once again. Of course he'd gave her that look when she insisted on sleeping on the couch. That look he so often dished out, his 'you-are-a-crazy-person' look. He'd grumbled about her being difficult because he had to go and search for a warm blanket and extra pillows for the couch in the middle of the night, but Ruby was certain on it. She just needed to feel safe for a moment and once she did the familiarity of sleep washed over her and she welcomed it.

She awoke fresh. That type of sleep where it might have been two hours or twelve hours, but you wake up at that right moment completely rested. It took mere seconds for the events of the previous day to flood back into her mind and she rolled to her side promptly falling off the couch with a yelp.

'Morning,' Fox sounded alert as he walked into the room from his en suite. 'What are you doing on the floor?'

She rolled her eyes at him clambering up, 'I thought it looked more comfortable.'

'Hey, lose the attitude Red. I let you sleep with me,' he smirked.

'Don't say it like that,' she made a face at him. 'It sounds wrong.'

He chuckled.

'Is she awake yet?'

He shook his head, 'I just spoke to mother, she was there all night. No change in her condition but the doctors are positive they think she is just exhausted. She'll wake up in time.'

Ruby nodded and started collecting her things from the couch, 'I'll go get ready and head over there again today.'

Fox nodded in agreement as he watched her from the doorway.

She dropped her phone onto the floor with a crash and just paused in her movements staring at it. The edges of the phone were blurring in her vision and suddenly it seemed like too much effort to reach down and pick it up off the floor. She slowly sank back down on to the couch trying to fight back tears that were threatening to unleash on her.

'Hey,' Fox's voice was so soothing and calm as he walked toward her, his kindness the perfect trigger for her tears as they spilled down her cheeks. 'It's going to be okay.'

Ruby let out a loud sob; her shoulder shaking as the gravity of the situation finally hit her. Her mother was in a coma, after being kidnapped by a bunch of vampires who still had her dad. What was 'okay' about this situation?

She felt Fox's strong arms slide around her as he pulled her toward him on the couch into a warm hug. 'I promise you Red I will fix this. Please don't cry.'

His kindness and words only caused her to cry even harder and they sat there while Fox rubbed her back in circular motions trying to soothe her.

When her tears finally dried up she hiccuped, 'I'm sorry.'

'Don't be sorry, I can't imagine how rough this past month has been on you. You've been amazing,' he shushed her.

'I know you're only saying this to get me to stop crying,' she managed a weak laugh. 'But thank you.'