LOST ***1

My eyelids are heavy I can't open them. I felt for the ground I was lying on, my hands moved around me. Grass. The smell, it reaks of the earth, kind of like mud and dirt. Birds are chirping melodically in the distance were music to my ears. The wind churned above me. Why am I on the grass? I-I can't move my legs to stand up from my current position.

I woke up in a daze, my sight, still blurry. All I can put to picture were trees, standing tall and strong. My hair is all over my face. I bended my arm in an attempt to rid myself from the crunchy greens. When my vision cleared, I sat up groggily, touching my temple with my dirty hand and tucking my hair over an ear.

Where am I? was the first thing that came to my mind. I'm sitting crossed-legs on the mildewed grass beside a pavemented highway. I crawled twelve inches to reach it and got up on my feet, my legs still wobbly. There weren't any signs of an incoming car.

How did I end up here? there was a fog covering both sides of the road. I'm not sure to what is on the other end of this. I tried to examine myself. My clothes --brown leather jacket, white shirt, cream pants and boots-- may be a little bit dirty from slumbering on the ground but other than that, I felt perfectly fine. No scratches or any trace of an injury present.

"Hello!" I managed to choke out, my voice hoarse.

Throat feels a little dry

I gulped to quench my thirst.

My dirty state was the least of my concerns. For now, I have to find someone, anyone who could help me. I dusted myself off just to make sure I didn't look like a homeless lass. The sun shone brightly in the morning sky. The clouds were so proud to show its heavenly blues.

"Anybody there?!" I shouted barely audible.

Water

I started to walk on the right side of the pavement, making a zigzag.

Head hurts

I touched my temple another time.

"Am I a zombie?" I whispered to myself. No. Last time I checked, I had silky olive skin. That's normal right? No bloodstains or anything of the sort.

I rubbed my arm to get some heat as it was cold, wherever I am but it did nothing to provide me warmth.

After a mile of pavement, I stopped to look around.

"Nope. No sign of anyone." I sighed in defeat. Surely, if I'd walk more I'll find a nearby town. If you call a mile near, that would be great.

Another mile more. Keep it moving.

Wait. I'm hearing something. There's a rustling on the pavement from afar. Could it be? I turned around to see if it was true.

"Oh thank God. A car."

"Please ...stop!" I waved my hands up in the air frantically.

50 feet away~

"Wait! Over here"

40 feet~

"I need help!"

30 feet~

Why isn't it slowing down? He's not changing his speed.

20 feet~

Think fast. You're gonna loose him.

10 feet~

I sprinted to the middle of the road so he could see me and placed my arms out in front of me.

"STOOOP!" nothing...