Wake Up Call

~Ben’s P.O.V.~

I heard a soft ringing nose start to go off next to me; I opened my eyes and saw that Sierra was still wrapped up in my arms. The only thing that is ruining this perfect moment was the fact that my phone was going off, I looked over to see that it was none other than Krissy calling me. I groaned and picked up the call as Sierra snuggled closer to me, she had one arm under my body with her hand placed on my back and the other around my neck with her hand gently in my hair, and we were both lying on our sides so her face was nuzzled into the crock of my neck. Me on the other hand, I had one arm under her and the other up to my face answering Krissy goddamn fucking call when I could be holding Sierra in my arms.

“What?” I growled into the phone, I was in no mood to be bothered right now. I was still so sore from last night of puking up the contents of my stomach, and being dragged around while almost dying.

“God, I’m just checking to make sure you and Sierra didn’t burn down the house, jeez” Krissy scoffed into the phone, I sighed before moving my head slightly to look at the alarm clock on the table.

“It’s fucking 6 in the morning, what do you want? I was fucking sleeping!” I hissed into the phone, causing Sierra to shift a little.

“Okay god! Just checking on you guys! I get worried” I just groaned and hung up the phone, I love Krissy I really do but it’s 6 in the morning.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around Sierra as tight as I could, pulling her in even closer into my body. She was so warm and I felt so cold, I didn’t want to let her go; I nuzzled my face into her neck. That’s when I realized how skinny and fragile Sierra really was, I could feel almost every bone in her body, and I could feel her shoulder and collar bones. I realized that Sierra was far deep into this addiction than anyone ever imagined before. I just closed my eyes and tried my hardest not to break her, I wanted nothing more than to see that beautiful girl that was in the picture. I don’t care if we have this fucked up love-hate relationship, I want to help her; I want to be able to fix her and pick up the pieces, no one should have to go through something like this ever.  

“Ben” I whipped my head around to see Sierra running toward me, she had this gorgeous smile on her face as she ran over to me, the sun light made her glow. I couldn’t help but smile and open up my arms for her to crash into, the breeze was pleasant and the grass had never looked so green before; but the closer she got to the more she looked scared like something was chasing her, soon the sky turned a sickly gray color and the grass turned brown, the wind started to really pick up as everything changed so suddenly.  I tried my best to call out her name but nothing came out of my mouth, my voice was gone. I tried to cough to see if it would help but nothing was working, no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t scream.  She was running toward me screaming my name, the closer she got the more I can see the blood dripping from her wrists; I could see cuts and bruises all over her body. I tried to run toward her, I was screaming her name at the top of my lungs but I couldn’t move, I couldn’t speak; she tripped over her feet and then tried calling backwards to me, I saw as her clothes ripped from the ground as it turned into spikes instead of grass. I couldn’t do anything, I was so scared I felt the tears stream down my face as she screamed my name.

“Ben!” She kept screaming and screaming, I couldn’t do anything; I fell to my knees but I still couldn’t move toward her and help her. Soon a dark figured appeared over her,

“Don’t fucking touch her!” I tried to scream out but nothing happened, nothing came out the figure just kept getting closer and closer-

“Ben! Ben, wake up!”  I felt someone start to shake my shoulders, I quickly jerked awake. I sat up on the bed, breathing heavy; I felt the sweat running down my forehead and my back making me shiver. The room felt ice cold, as I looked at the figure standing off to the bed looking terrified. Soon my eyes adjusted to the darkness, and I saw Sierra standing there like something horrible had happened.