You Can't Stay Angry Forever

In the cold heart of an angry son, a boy who has done his share, and who has seen even more. His memories are bitten pills, so many pills across the years. All that is left is the broken ground; this ground is so unsettling, yet he moves on. He follows the way with the sunken earth, void of all hope, yet he moves on. A whisper in the back of his mind, reminding him that this is borrowed, that this is not his, yet he moves on.

Ivan, in Leo Tolstoy's "After the Ball", is in a situation all of his own, but in the same respect as any defining moment one may have; an epiphany. He is not useless and dependent on giving the world nothing. This is the last chance he has to stand tall. Witnessing an unjust beating, seeing the diamonds in their eyes; the corporate fight. Enough is enough; he loves her, but the crimes of her father are enough. Sadly, much like his religion, he has no pulse. Although, it is alright, because he can fake it. Grace is but an ocean to a child. We are scattered on God's grace; but we are a drip, we are a flash, we are a mist, we are a speck. But we have time.

The same reaction, but opposite outcome, rests in the story "Bartleby the Scrivener" by Hermann Melville. Where destiny is real, and it comes with a smile. He is the city, he never speaks. Shaking hands with fate, he sees humanity as busy, busy bees; he closes he eyes. He hopes we all find what we are looking for, and he hopes we find peace. But we are all blind to the noise in this tree covered earth. We lay the carpet of red, but we walk the path of gold.

Embrace reaction. We are not God, but he is coming. Even if He does not, we will paint the rivers red and say he did. We will keep singing the same songs, and they will keep singing. But above every storm is the day; the day we will shake hands with fate, and fate will shake hands with us. Every child is happy for grace - feeling ones sins forgiven. Basically, everything is going wrong and your only choice is yours alone.