Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

                Damien and I didn’t get back until late from our road trip, effectively scaring the three adults waiting for our return. Things smoothed over once we explained what happened though. Then we proceeded to get as much sleep as we could, considering the next day was only a day before Sarah’s wedding rehearsal, and two days before the wedding.

                The next day, Sarah woke me up bright and early to help her with pre-rehearsal preparations. I swear, if her wedding wasn’t in two days, I would’ve complained about waking up early. Early mornings suck.

                “Leah, dear, I need you to run to the flower shop and make sure my delivery is all set. They weren’t clear with me on the phone, so I’d really like if you could double check with them in person. This is the information they should have,” Sarah said, handing me the correct number and type of flowers for decoration and the bouquets.

                “Sure, I can do that. Let me just grab a cup of coffee and I’ll be on my way,” I replied. “Oh, and I’ll need to borrow your car. Mine isn’t too dependable at the moment.”

                She stopped in her tracks. “No can do, honey. I need to run over to get the dresses and tuxedoes. Then I need to check on the location for tomorrow.”

                “Well, where’s my mom? Or Daniel?”

                “Daniel had to run into work and your mom is running a couple other errands for me. Damien’s out front, why don’t you ask him?”

                I barely finished nodding before she swiftly left the room. I never saw Sarah so focused and determined to make sure everything was perfect like she has for her wedding. Good for her though; she deserved to have the wedding of her dreams.

                After I got some caffeine into my system, I put on my brown leather jacket and stepped outside to find Damien. I looked around for him for a good few minutes until I found him, bent over the front of my Jeep.

                “Are you working on my car?” I asked as I neared him.

                “What does it look like?” he replied from under the hood.

                “I thought it needed a new part?”

                He got out from under the hood and wiped the grease off his fingers with a cloth. “It does. I ordered it today. I was just taking a closer look and fixing a couple other things that seemed loose.”

                “You ordered a part for it?”

                He finally looked over at me instead of at the engine. “Well, I told your mom what had to be ordered. She let me do it.”

                Wow, my mom must really trust Damien to do that. She barely lets me order small things for the house. “Oh, well thanks. Anyway, I need to go to the flower shop for the wedding and check on the order. Can I borrow your truck?”

                He raised an eyebrow at me. “Didn’t Ben tell you?”

                “Tell me what?” I asked, confused.

                “I gave him my truck a couple days ago. It’s his now.”

                “What?” I replied, completely shocked. Figures, Ben has been spending the majority of his time out of the house, with Delaney usually. I haven’t really talked to him for a little while, other than a quick greeting here and there.