Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning in my own bed....alone.

I got up and felt deliciously sore. My neck had a bright red hickey with a purple bruise ring around it.
I pulled my hair down spreading it around my shoulders covering the red mark as much as possible.

I found Dad and Billie downstairs in the kitchen mulling over something to do with their upcoming tour.

"Morning..." Dad said glancing up from the papers.

"Morning" I answered pulling a mug down from the cupboard and pouring myself a cup of coffee.

"Have a long night?" Dad asked, coming up behind me and taking the coffee pot.

"What makes you say that?" I asked

"It's after one in the afternoon..."

"So? Billie sleeps longer than that every day"

"And when I checked on you last night, your bed was empty"

I stopped stirring my coffee and looked at him with my mouth agape.
He just smiled with his eyebrows raised.

"I..." I stuttered "Lola needed me..." I said trying to think on the spot "She had really bad cramps, she needed tampons..."

I was hoping just the mention of tampons would make him clam up.

"Did she?" Dad asked leaning on the counter as he took a sip from his cup "At two o'clock in the morning?"

Fuck. He knew I was lying.

I nodded anyway

"And what happened here?" Dad asked his finger brushing my hair off my neck.

I bit down on my lip biting back a smile closing my eyes before looking back at Dad.

"I fell?" I asked raising my eyebrows with a smile

Billie snorted from his place at the island and I could tell Dad was trying not to laugh too.

"You fell" he repeated

He just took another sip of his coffee and turned back towards his chair

"Well I hope you had enough sense to fall on a condom"

Oops....

I didn't answer, just poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat at the end of the island listening to Dad and Billie talk about the tour. There was a knock on the door...

"It's open!" Dad called

The door opened and Tré waltzed in pushing his sunglasses up on his head.

"Morning fuckers" he announced setting his coffee next to dad before looking down to the end of the island where I sat. "Princess..."

I glared at him "Eat me" I muttered before eating another spoonful of cereal.

"You know, I would, but... He gestured towards Dad scrunching his nose

"You're a pig" I glared "It's no wonder you're still single"

"Breena..." Dad warned me.

He knew as well as I did that it wasn't hard for Tré to get under my skin and sooner than later I would say something I regretted.

I stood taking my cereal and coffee with me "I'm going to watch TV..."

I flipped through channels finally settling on a movie that looked halfway interesting.
I got halfway through before Billie darkened the doorway; I glanced at him before turning my attention back to the TV