Chapter 9

I shook my head "No, he just...kissed me"

"That's it, he didn't...."

"Rape me?" I guessed "No, Billie, he didn't....nothing like that"

"You're sure?" He asked "You were pretty drunk"

"I'm sure"

I pulled myself up from the couch and straddled his hips

"Breena, I'm being serious" He said looking up at me

The front door opened and I jumped up off the couch as Billie sat up straightening his pants.
I snickered to myself as Dad called from the kitchen.

"So am I" I bent to kiss him gently before I went to help Dad.

Dad looked up as I came around the corner and he looked surprised.

"You're still here"

I frowned "You told me to stay, I stayed" I said taking groceries from the bag closest to me.

Billie came around the corner running his fingers through his hair, his pajama pants just resting on his hips, not leaving much to the imagination, just like when he was on stage; it's not just an act.

"What have we got for eats, Mikey?"

"I'll make dinner" I volunteered handing Dad a bunch of bananas

Dad turned around looking at me with a raised eyebrow "You'll make dinner?"

I nodded "Spaghetti?"

Dad looked at Billie who shrugged and nodded

"Go for it" Dad shrugged

"I'll finish unpacking groceries"

Dad looked at me before resting the back of his hand on my forehead.

"What are you doing?" I frowned stepping back.

"Are you feeling alright?" Dad asked "You're not sick?"

"No" I shook my head

"I think she's trying to get back on your good side" Billie said leaning on the island.

"If I don't have to make dinner she can try whatever she wants" Dad muttered

They both left leaving me to finish with the groceries and start dinner.
I unpacked the rest of the food and started a pot of boiling water.

I got Dad a can of his favourite beer from the fridge and grabbed Billie a ginger ale.
I took them down to the TV room and tossed dad his beer handing Billie his can.

"Sure, throw mine, hand Billie his" Dad smirked

"Billie's would have exploded; you wouldn't want the couch all sticky right?"

Billie snorted with a laugh. I just looked at him with a smirk and Dad just glared at Billie

"Do you have to encourage her?"

"Course" he grinned

I smiled to myself as I walked back to the kitchen and finished dinner.

**

I took Dad and Billie their plates and made my own plate sitting between them.
We all sat quietly eating and watching TV and when we finished I jumped up before Dad could pull himself completely off the couch.

"I got it"

"Bree, I can-"

"Sit Daddy, I got it"