Dare To Dance

Prologue

Sitting in the kitchen alone. Again... 

Listening to the sounds in the house I realise that no one will come in any time soon. I pull up my sleeve and let the air sooth the stinging pain. I stare at my forearm for a few minutes not quite realising what I was seeing. I didn't mean to make a few cuts but it didn't bleed at first and I couldn't see it properly in the shower without my glasses on. 

The redness should go down by tomorrow. I then pondered what the hell I was going to wear the next day to hide the jagged slashes on the inside of my lower arm. Suddenly I heard someone getting up off the couch in the living room and I quickly covered my arm. 

Okay, so you're probably thinking this girl is such an idiot hurting herself like this, but you don't understand. I couldn't help it. To tell you the truth I didn't even realise until after, what I had done. 

My name is Anastasia White and I'm an outcast in my own family. You see I have a sister and a brother and I'm the youngest, so naturally whatever I do, they seem to have done it better. My brother is in the army and my sister, Sarah, is the apple of our parent's eye. She sings, she's smart, spoiled and a bitch, so of course everyone loves her. 

Much to the dismay of my parents, I love to dance. I have plans to study dance in university, but I know my parents won't pay for it. It's a collection of my "perfect little family" and my self inflicted isolation at home that causes me to do the things I do.

I mean if you have ever felt not good enough, then you know how horrible it feels. Well I feel that all the time at home and in school I act all happy in front of everyone and I don't really let people see the real me. 

So, this is my story and I should warn you now; it won't be a perfect family, perfect life kind of story.....

***************************************************************************************

So this is a new story I'm doing..... Please vote and comment to tell me what you think of it......