Chapter 13 ~•~ Lawyers

*Luke*
Karina's expression after I'd dropped my towel had me laughing uncontrollably while I got ready for bed. All I did was apply lotion and throw on a pair of boxers and black and  blue plaid shorts. I was lying in bed watching Formula 1 videos on YouTube when Karina came storming into the bedroom looking like the Hulk in a blonde wig and a red sultry nightgown. "What the fuck was that?" She shrieked in a whisper. Her cheeks were bright pink. "Your sister asked for it," I replied dully. "And don't deny it, Karina. I saw where your eyes went."
"You're sleeping on the floor," she grumbled.
"Hah!" I scoffed. "What are you gonna do when somebody comes in here and they ask why I was sleeping on the floor?" I asked with a cocky grin. She grinded her teeth. "If I feel any part of you touch me, I will not hesitate to kill you in your sleep and make it look like a heart attack."
"How will you know whether I've touched you since you'd be sleeping already?"
She rolled her eyes and pulled all of the covers onto her side. "I'm not even cold anyway," I  muttered.

The next morning, I was awoken by one of the twins bouncing up and down on top of me and screaming wake up. Fortunately she was light so it didn't hurt but afraid that she was going to fall, I picked her up and carried her down the stairs over my shoulder. Something told me Karina had put her up to it. She giggled as I placed her on the counter where Karina stood. She wore a pair of tight blue jeans, a white string top that revealed her cleavage and my black collar shirt that was unbuttoned. "You wouldn't happen to know where the knives are," I whispered into her ear. She attempted to kick me away but missed. I laughed at her failed attempt as I went over to sit at the table across from Courtney. She had her eyes glued on a magazine. "Daisy, are you gonna tell Luke what you want to be when you grow up?" Karina asked as she made her way over to me. She shrugged out of my shirt and handed it to me. "So what do you want to be when you grow up, Daisy?" I asked after buttoning up my shirt but leaving the first three buttons undone. Daisy smiled, showing me her two missing front teeth. "A lawyer," she replied. Courtney looked at her with a raised brow as if she were slightly offended. "And would you care to explain to Luke what a lawyer is since he's quite slow," Karina said.
Daisy tutted at me as if I were the child. "Lawyers, Luke: Are people who represent clients, including individuals, businesses and government agencies involved in legal disputes. They are responsible for interpreting laws, rulings and filing out legal documents. The documents they work with are lawsuits, contracts, wills and deeds."
For a girl her age, she sure knew a lot: Probably a lot more than I did but I wasn't going to admit that aloud. "So Daisy; do you think I could be a lawyer?" I asked. She shook her head. "In order to do that; you have to earn a bachelor's degree, take the law school admission test, enrol in law school and pass the bar exam."
"What makes you think I can't do that?"
Daisy put her hands on her hips and looked at me the same way my teachers used to whenever I asked a stupid question in class. "You didn't even know what a lawyer was."
Courtney turned back to look at Daisy. She opened her mouth to say something but got a glare from Karina, warning her to shut up. "So are my two favourite lawyers going to make me breakfast?" I asked.
"No," Karina scoffed.
"I will, Luke," Courtney smiled. "Just tell Dean I said to get up or he's not having anything."

After forcing Dean out of bed and taking a quick shower; I changed into the shirt Karina had given me and white cargo shorts. "Where are you going?" Karina asked as she entered the room and saw me grab my wallet.
"Nowhere special," I replied.
"Right well, I don't have the energy to put up with harassment from my mother and sister so I'm coming with you. I'll see my dad when he's back from work."
"Okay," I sighed. Before having breakfast, I called Chris to come over and pick us up.