The Begining Of The End

I ran as fast as I could away from the place I once called home. Tears were streaming down my face about as fast as my running. I ran through the streets of New York until I reached my apartment. Not bothering to nock I flung the door open.

"Percy your home! Chiron didn't call me and let me know is everything alright?" I looked up and my mother gasped, searching my eyes for any signs of pain. And yet all she could see was pain.
"Percy what's wrong? Come here." She rushed forwards and engulfed me in her arms.
I began sobbing again as we sunk to the floor still hugging as I cried. She said soothing words and rubbed circles in my back.

"Mom...she left me."

"Who sweety?"

"Annabeth." I whispered as a lone tear rolled off my cheek. She looked at me with pain and sympathy.

"We should get inside, we've been standing in the door way this whole time." She helped me onto my feel and pulled me into the kitchen to start making hot cocoa.

"Perce do you wan to talk about it?"

I let out a sigh and said "Sure mom. I was sitting at the Poseidon table like usual....I continued to tell mom how she left me for some mortal who offered to share his work on repairing the Parthenon. Their relationship was growing right under my nose. I feel so stupid and worthless.

"Percy I-I'm so sorry." She took a sip of hot cocoa and smiled. Well you get to be home with Paul and I for Thanksgiving." She said on a happy note.

"Sorry to keep you up so late, we should go to bed you have work in the morning."