Chapter 5

Maya's POV
I was at my house with Farkle, watching movies. Lucas was invited, but he said he was not feeling well. There was a knock on the door, and I went to open the door. A man was standing there, looking at me.
He had brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing a blue shirt, black jeans, and black Converses. His mouth was hanging open as he looked at me. "Maya?" he asked with a strange sound.
I gaped at him, "I don't know you." He stepped closer, "I think you do." Farkle came in from behind me, "What do you want?" The guy glared, "This is a conversation for Maya and myself. And I have the right to be here." Farkle growled, "Who do you think you are?" He smirked, "Her father."
I looked at the guy. All this time, of him leaving me, I finally found him. "You're my dad? Where were you for fourteen years!" I said, trying to get my anger in check. He sighed, "I can explain." I couldn't hold it in, even Farkle took a step back.
My anger bubbled, "YOU CAN EXPLAIN! WELL, HERE'S YOU 'EXPLANATION'! YOU LEFT YOUR TWO DAY OLD DAUGHTER IN THE HANDS OF YOUR EX-WIFE! OR SHOULD I SAY EX-GIRLFRIEND, 'CAUSE YOU NEVER GOT MARRIED! YOU'VE BEEN, GOD KNOWS WHERE, HOOKING UP WITH SOME PIECE OF TRASH, WHEN YOUR EX IS TAKING CARE OF YOUR DAUGHTER! WHERE WE NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU, WAS I NOT ENOUGH? I AM SO LUCKY THAT I HAVE SHAWN, BECAUSE YOU DON'T DESERVE THE TITLE OF MY FATHER! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE BEFORE I CALL A RESTRAINING ORDER!"
My father pinned me to the wall, "LISTEN HERE, I WAS YOUNG. EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD WITH A CHILD? OF COURSE I LEFT, SO LEAVE ME ALONE. OR ELSE I'LL BREAK YOUR NECK!" Farkle threw him off of me. "Leave. And don't ever come back," Farkle said, with a glare. My father left, and I ran into Farkle's arms.
"Thank you, Farkle," I whispered, lightly crying. He put his hand on my chin, "No matter what, I'll always be there for you." I smiled, as he wiped off my tears with his thumbs.
He leaned in, and touched his lips against mine. It was soft and simple, but sweet. After we broke away, it was clear we were dating. For the rest of the day, (until 5:00), we laid on the couch, and watched Revenge of the Bridesmaids.
At 5:00, we walked to John Quincy Adams Middle school. The gymnasium was packed with people from the Find Riley Program. Farkle and I sat in the front. I put my head on his shoulder, and listened to the lecture.
"Remember call 911 or 905-362-6412 if you find Riley," Mr. Matthews said, wiping a tear. I saw Lucas sitting in the back, his eyes were red. His cheeks were as red as his eyes. He looked really bad, this Riley situation is making him sick.
A boy stood up from his seat. He was wearing a red shirt, with blue shorts, and black sneakers. "I know how to find Riley," he said with a smile. Twenty minutes later, Farkle, Lucas, the Matthews, the boy, and myself are at a coffee shop.
"I think Missy Bradford and Tommy Lee are involved in Riley's disappearance. I have a plan. Lucas, Missy has always been attracted to you. Call Missy and tell her you know she has Riley. If she asks you how, tell her to give you the address of Riley and her location. If she gives it to you, call cops and give them address. The cops will show up, take Riley and run. Any objections?" the boy said. We shook our heads, and he smiled.