Chapter 4

Riley's POV
My head throbbed with pain, and my arms itched. I saw Missy walking towards me with a knife and piece of paper. "Look at this! It's the newspaper for New York, let me read it for you. 'A student of John Quincy Adams Middle school, was put in the hospital. 14 year old, Lucas Friar passed out in his house, while grieving over the disappearance of Riley Lynn Matthews. If anyone has any information on Riley, don't hesitate to contact us, the police, the Matthews, or the Find Riley Program.'" she said.
Missy fiddled with the knife, and pointed out me. "Kill me. Honestly, why don't you? You've ripped me from my family and friends. Kill me, and I'll never be a threat to you," I whispered. She chuckled, "If I want to date Lucas, I can't have him all depressed. What's good for making out with someone, when they keep crying? Plus, I have something else in mine for you."
She whistled and a boy came out of a room. He was holding a bottle of beer, and a pocket knife. Missy's knife was nowhere to be found. Missy smirked, "Open up, Riley." I shook my head, and he put the knife to my neck. If I moved left, the knife would cut through my skin. He pressed the tip of the knife into my neck.
I cried out in pain, feeling the blood rush down my neck. Once my mouth opened, the boy shoved the beer down my throat. It burned my throat and my tongue, making its way into my stomach. Then after the bottle was finished, he pressed the knife deeper into my neck. The pain was unbearable and the liquor made me numb. The only thing I could do, was close my eyes.
Missy's POV
I looked at Riley and sighed at the sight of her. Her left eye was black, her neck was red from the knife, she looked like a corpse. Tommy untied her, and laid her on her back. If I were to wake her, she'd probably be drunk.
Tommy shook her as she opened her eyes. When they opened, he shoved more beer down her throat. I lifted up a finger, "How many fingers am I holding?" She giggled, "Twenty-five." Tommy smiled and stood her up. She almost tumbled, but she giggled.
He kissed her, and started making out with her. She enjoyed it and kissed him back. Riley fell on the floor, unconscious. Tommy picked her up, and dragged her to the other room.
I felt sorry for her. Too bad that I'll be kissing Lucas in a matter of hours. Tommy tied her up, and left. Tommy took out the knife and pressed it deeper into Riley's neck. The blood ran down her neck, unto her shoulders.
She woke up, crying uncontrollably. I took the knife, and cut her knee. The knife went in a couple millimeters, and the blood poured out. She cried and pleaded, "Don't! Please Missy! It hurts!" In anger, I cut parts of her arms and legs. She screamed one last time, before passing out due to blood loss.
Lucas's POV
I went to the hospital, and took a few shots. They said I shouldn't cry to much, or my situation could have been worse. I sat on the front steps of the hospital. After my mom got medication, we'd go home.
In the way home, I said nothing. My mother listened to the rain or music. I laid my pounding head, on the cool glass. I looked at the window, and saw memories of Riley. One was for the project about no phones at the library. The glass calmed my headache, and I fell asleep.