Chapter 1

Riley's POV

My alarm on my phone rang the theme of my favorite TV show. I opened my Kik, and scrolled down to the section that said BFFs. Maya, Farkle, and Lucas were online, as usual .

Riley: Hey guys!

Maya: Sup, Riles.

Farkle: I've got to go, my parents are making study double. I woke up at five, that two hours later than usual!

Lucas: Bye!

Maya: Bye!

Farkle: Bye!

Riley: Bye!
Lucas, Farkle, and Maya are offline.

I turned off my phone, and put it on my bedpost. Groggily, I got up and went to my closet. I took my clothes I picked out yesterday,(a white top, red skirt, jeans jacket, white socks, and boots), and laid it on my bed. I walked out of my room into the mint and white colored bathroom. I took of my clothes and filled the bath with warm water. I dipped my toe in the water, to test the water's temperature. I quickly went inside of the bath, and turned on my phone. "Siri, play Track #5," I said into the phone.

Track #5 consisted of Fifth Harmony songs including BOSS, Miss Moving On, Worth It, and Me and My Girls. When BOSS was halfway finished, I got out of the bath. I rapped my hair in a mint towel, and wore my mint bathrobe. My slippers were resting in front of the tub, which I wore. After that, I brushed my teeth with my white toothbrush, and walked out the bathroom door. Auggie came in wearing his navy blue pajamas with bright red trains. He shut the door, and locked it.

I walked to my room, and shut the door. I wore the outfit, that I had laid on my bed. After that, I went to my makeup and hair table. My makeup and hair table was just a chocolate brown desk, with a purple chair, white mirror, and makeup and hair supplies. I put on light pink blush, red lip gloss, light black eyeliner, and brown eye shadow. Using my curler and brush, I made my nappy hair, curly and smooth.

"Riley! Auggie! Come down for breakfast!" my mother yelled to nobody specifically. I ran down the acorn colored stairs into our light green kitchen. My mother, Topanga, was plating our buttermilk pancakes. My father, Corey, was eating a piece of the pancakes and drinking coffee. I sat down in my seat, and ate the pancakes with chocolate milk. Auggie came downstairs wearing a white shirt that was tucked into his brown pants. His black sneakers were tied, and his brown belts with light brown strips were hanging out. Auggie's brown hair is as curly has mine, and I'm a girl. He came downstairs and ate pancakes with orange juice.

The door opened, and Maya walked in. "What up, goofballs!" she shouted. She was wearing a purple shirt with black ripped jeans, and purple Converses. Her hair was down, and the only makeup she had was light pink lipstick. Maya wears lipstick, I wear lip gloss. "Ready, Riles?" she asked waving at my parents. I drank the last of my milk, and got my bag, "Ready. Bye mom, dad, Auggie." We walked out of my apartment building, and unto the sidewalk. Farkle's limo rolled up near the curve, and Farkle rolled down the window.

"Ladies!" Farkle said with a grin. Maya and I rolled our eyes, "Farkle!" He pushed his light brown hair out his eyes, "Do you girl want to ride with me and Lucas?" I looked at the limo, "I don't see him." The front window rolled down, Lucas was on the other end, "So, you guys want to catch a ride with me?" Maya looked at him through the window, "Like I'd want to ride in a car next to you, Huckleberry." He smiled, "You wouldn't be sitting next to me. Next to Farkle, 'cause I know how much you love that, ma'am." Maya rolled her eyes, "Sure, why not." Farkle sat in the middle, Maya sat to his right, and I sat to his left.

The limo pulled up at John Quincy Adams Middle school, and we got up. "Thanks Harvey," Farkle said. We walked to our lockers, my locker and Maya's locker was in front of my father's classroom. I stuffed my Math, English, and Science books into my locker. Maya did the same, but more violently. Maya and I sat on the wall next to the vending machine. "So, the Spring Formal is in three weeks. Are you going with a special someone," Maya asked nudging my shoulders. I shrugged, "Probably, you. Or you, or you, or you, or you, or Maya P. Hart!"

The bell rang and we ran to class. I sat in my usually seat, two seats away from my father's desk. My father came in and wrote something on the board. "The Civil War!" he said with a grin. "The Civil War!" Maya copied. My father frowned, "Thank you, future Mini Mart employee of the month." Maya pouted, "Would I be making more money than you?" My father sighed and smiled, "The Civil War!" I looked at my father, "The war we fought against ourselves." My father gaped, "You actually studied it?" I rolled my eyes, "Nope, that's what it says on page nine. And, yes. Yes I did. Can you believe that!"

The bell rang, and we went to our lockers. Maya and I opened our lockers, and identical letters fell out. Maya ripped hers, and cleared her throat. "You are invited to Billy Ross's fourteen birthday party. The party is this Friday on 1532 Edgewood Drive. The party starts at 6:30 and ends at 8:15, so dress casual. Presents won't be needed, don't be late! -The Ross's," she said in a British accent.
I sighed and leaned against my locker, "My father will never let me go." Maya rubbed my shoulder, "Want me to talk to him, pumpkin?" I nodded, and we walked into the classroom. My father was going through a bunch of papers, but he looked up when the door opened.
I slammed the letter on his desk, "Boom!" He picked it up, "A seventh grade party? I didn't get invited to a lot of these. Boy\girl party?" I nodded with a grin. "You can't go!" we said in unison, slamming our hands against the desk. Maya stood up, "Can I intrude?" I nodded and stepped out of the way. Maya and my father argued a little bit, and she motioned for me. "He said yes," Maya said. I hugged her, "How did you do it?" She shrugged, "I don't even know myself!"
Lucas came inside the class, and sat in his seat. "Did you guys get invitations to Billy Ross's fourteenth birthday party?" Lucas asked, looking down. I looked at him, "Didn't you?" He punched his desk, "No! Now everyone in the whole school is talking about his party! Everyone's gonna think I got an invitation, but didn't want to come! 'What a wuss', they would say, 'Not coming to his party!' I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO MAD!"
I stared at him in disbelief, the once calm Lucas was now a bursting ball of anger. "I'm sorry," I squeaked. His eyes glared at me, "OF COURSE YOU'RE SORRY! I'M SORRY THAT I EVEN CAME TO THIS SCHOOL!" Lucas almost screamed. Tears ran down my cheeks, and I slapped him. The cheek where I slapped him turned red. Lucas stormed out of the room, after punching the wall.
After school, I went straight to my Kik. I scrolled down to the section that said Lucas.
Riley: Lucas? Are you online?
Lucas: Yea.
Riley: Are you ok?
Lucas: I guess. Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you. I was blowing off steam. I found the invite in my locker.
Riley: It's okay. Are you still going to Billy's party?
Lucas: Yea. Bye.
Riley: Bye.
Lucas is offline.
I threw dresses out of my closet. Maya was already here in a white dress with mint Converses. "What should I wear?" I asked her. She ate another grape, "Wear the clothes I brought." Maya got me ripped blue jeans and a shirt that said, Thug Life. I sighed, "I can't wear that. My father wouldn't let me go." Maya handed me an overgrown sweater, "Wear this over it. When we get outside, take it off."
Quickly, I put on Maya's clothes and the sweater. We walked outside of my room, and out of my apartment building. At the subway station, I took off the sweater. Farkle and Lucas were already there. Luckily, Billy's house was by a subway station. The subway ride only took four minutes.
Billy's house was black and red, with a sign that read, 'Party at Back!'
The party had a table filled with food, a DJ system, and a pretzel station. Lucas and I went to the pretzel station, and shared one. Everyone else drank juice and danced. Then Billy brought out a juice kegger. I volunteered, and drinking all that juice, made me had to pee. I whispered in Maya's ear, "I'm going to use the bathroom."
His bathroom was white, gold, yellow, and light brown. After using the bathroom, I stepped out of the bathroom. Two teenagers blocked my way. "Excuse me," I said. I tried to move, but they pushed me back. "Please, move," I said, with more force. They pushed me back to the wall. "If you don't move," I said with a push. "That's no way to talk to someone, Riley," one said.
He got close, and threw a burlap sack over my body. "Let me go! Lucas! Lucas!" I screamed. The teenagers dragged the sack on the floor, through the streets. They opened a truck's trunk, and through the sack in there. When they removed the sack, I screamed as loud as I could. The one with red hair held up a fist, and punched me in the nose. My head hit the truck's floor, before I became unconscious.