Chapter 8: "Dark Clouds of a Sunny Day"

“Dean…”

          “Wake up” A soft voice talked to Dean. “Dean… it’s your birthday, sweetie!”

 A missed voice that Dean used to hear every day of his young days, a voice that turned around and disappeared forever, the absented voice of comfort when Dean needed.

          “Sweetie… Do you feel alright?”

Dean wasn’t going to open his eyes, he didn’t want to face her again. His memory twisted his conscious. He turned by one side and hold on until it was over. It was almost a torture for him to hear his mother’s voice, but at the same time a relieve for his broken soul.

          “Dean… Daddy and Sammy are waiting downstairs for you! We’ve got cake and presents for you, sweetie!!”

Dean felt her mother rubbing gently his back, a warm and peaceful heat went through his spine, relaxing all his back’s muscles and organs. The gently touch from his mother wasn’t enough for him to open his eyes, however he dared to speak.

          “I don’t want to wake up…” his voice broke “…mom”

Mary rubbed Dean’s shoulder as he remembered when he was sick. His mother would bring him chicken soup, homemade mashed potatoes, orange juice and stayed close, if little Dean needed something such as: a hug, a rub on his back, help or new clean tissues for his running nose. He missed so much his mother’s caresses and hugs.

          “Okey sweetie… When you are ready to join us, we will be waiting for you downstairs” Dean felt Mary’s lips on his cheek. “I love you, dear”

Dean opened his eyes. He wasn’t in Laurence anymore, he was at the hotel room and Iris was watching him with a bright smile like his mother’s. He felt his heart break.

          “Are you feeling alright, Dear?” She said standing up and going next to Dean that was breathing heavily. She placed her hand on his back and with her other, held his chest.

          “I’m okey” he said, calming down. Dean moved away Iris’ hand from him and got out of bed. “What happened last night?” Dean asked pressing his eyes.

          “Well…” Iris smiled. “A Shadow left a “ghost disease”, you almost drowned with your own blood”

          “Anything else that could have killed me?”

          “You slept for about a day or so”

Dean’s impressed and also impacted reaction told it all.

          “I cannot believe this!” His enraged self came up filling the room with his yells. “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

          “You were dreaming” Iris said trying to convince him it was okey.

          “I wasn’t dreaming at all!” He yelled.

          “Don’t you lie to me, Dean. You were dreaming for once in a long time and you got to dream with your mom” She said. “Was it peaceful?”

It was peaceful, so many years without having a nap without some monster under the bed.

          “Did you do that? I mean… You were the one who put those dreams in my head?” Dean asked desperate.

          “No darling” She held Dean’s hands. “I just kept your nightmares away, your mom did the rest”

A tear dropped from his left eye. For once, he could rest and felt secure since he got into business of dealing with kinky stuff. Castiel was looking from the distance.