Twelve: Boyfriend

He looked at me with such emotion in his eyes. Before I could react, he pressed his lips onto mine. He cupped the back of my neck with his hand and placed the other on my waist, pulling me closer. My arms went up to his neck and hung tightly around it.

He kissed me with so much passion, I couldn't help but respond. I closed my eyes and kissed him. He pulled back slightly and my eyes blinked open. He was smiling slightly, his eyes seemed darker. I smiled at him.

His eyes glanced back to my lips then into my eyes again. He was only a breath away from me and he was still holding me tightly, as if he was afraid I was going to disappear.

"Afraid I'm going to vanish?" I asked quietly, a slight teasing tone to my voice.

He smiled and shook his head, "I'm never letting you out of my sight." he said, brushing his lips against mine.

I smiled as we sat there in silence, looking into one another. It was a comfortable silence, not awkward at all.

It made me remember the first time I kissed him... well, he kissed me. I found it really awkward afterwards. The thought made me smile.

He looked at me, as if woken from a trance, "What?" he asked.

I looked up at him, "Oh nothing." I said, looking down, pressing my lips together.

He cocked his head at me, "Oh really?" he said, raising his eyebrows slightly.

I nodded, not making eye contact. I was trying not to laugh as I looked away.

"If it's nothing then why are you smiling?" he asked, smiling slightly.

I shook my head, "I'm not smiling." I said, swallowing.

He smiled, raising his eyebrows, "Are you sure?" he said, "Because I'm pretty sure that's a smile." he said, tapping my lips with his finger.

I clenched my jaw, making sure I didn't smile, "Nope, don't think so." I said, struggling not to smile or laugh.

He looked at me, his eyes twinkling.

Oh no. That meant he was thinking.

Thinking was bad.

It meant he had an idea.

And an idea lead to something that included me smiling.

"I can make you smile." he said, "Then you have to tell me." he said.

I looked at him confusingly, my brow furrowed slightly. Before I could ask he tackled me gently to the ground and started to tickle me.

I squealed and struggled underneath him, trying to get out of his grip. He smiled as I willed myself not to laugh or smile and I tried pushing him off.

"You know you want to." he said, tickling me more.

I shook my head, afraid to open my mouth.

"Are you going to tell me?" he asked.

I struggled and started to laugh, "Let me go!" I squealed.

"Not until you tell me." he laughed.

I laughed and pushed on him, squirming underneath him, "Leave me alone!" I laughed.

He laughed too, "Over my dead body!"

I laughed and squirmed underneath him, "Struggling is no use." I heard him say as I finally got out of his grip. I quickly crawled out of the way and looked at him, "Ha!" I said, before he came towards me.

I squealed and stood up trying to get away. he grabbed my leg and I laughed, "Let me go." I laughed.

"Never." I heard him say before he brought me closer. I struggled and pushed his chest with my hands, so I landed on top of him. He held my waist as I looked down at him, grinning, "Ha!" I said and quickly stood up.