Chapter 5

Josh's POV
Buzz buzz.

I wake up on Jens's sofa next to the most beautiful girl I've seen. I don't want anything to interrupt this moment but I can't bear to wake up Sleeping Beauty.

"Hello?" I say groggily into the receiver.

"Josh? Wake up now! You have interviews all day! Is it true you broke up with Claudia? We need to talk!" My publicist is shouting at me down the phone.

"James, stop shouting." I murmur, falling out of sofa and proceeding to the bedroom.

"Don't test me, Josh. You can't break up with Claudia right before the press tour for Paradise Lost! Everyone will freak, and I can't deal with that too, Josh. I'm still trying to cover the callous misunderstanding with Jennifer Lawrence you lumbered with me!"

"Oh yeah, James um, about that- that's not a misunderstanding.. I like her and I'm pretty sure she likes me, I'm still breaking up with Claudia."

"Josh you're going to stay with her until after the tour. Then, I don't care what you do. P L E A S E make my job easier, Josh!"

"I'll see what I can do." I'm practically shouting in anger.

"Cheers man, later." James' tone changes to breezy and light. I hang up. Fuck, what am I going to do?

"Joshy?" Jen appears in the doorway.

"Shit, babe did I wake you?"

"Don't worry, who was that?" Jen walks over to me and sits behind me on the bed, rubbing my shoulders.

"Ugh, my publicist." I murmur.

"..and?" Jen nudges me to spur me on. I can't hide this from her.

"He wants me to stay with Claudia until after the publicist tour ends.." I trail off when I see the hurt look on her face.

"Oh?" Jen stand up and starts pacing in little steps, like she can't bare to stay still. I get up and hug her from behind to try and calm her sadness.

"I won't do it unless you're 100% on board." I whisper, "Jen, I really like you." She spins in my arms and kisses my lips tenderly.

"Do what you have to do," she returns the whisper. "I really like you too."

"It's all pretend. You're my number 1 focus." I kiss her cheeks, that have reddened with hurt or confusion.

"Okay." Is all she can say, before a tear escapes her hardened shell.

Jen's POV
Claudia? Really? I can't believe Josh has to stay with Claudia until the tour finishes, how can I be okay with this?

"You okay, babe?" Josh whispers in my ear from behind me on the couch. All I can do is nod, but Josh's reassuring tighten of his hug shows me I'm not fooling anyone.

Buzz buzz

It's Josh's phone. He doesn't move for it so I do. I look at the ringing phone which is flashing "Claudia". I can't help myself, I have to answer. Before Josh can stop me I jump up and press the answer button.

"Josh, what took you so long? Why aren't you at home?" Claudia demands as soon as I put the receiver to my ear.

"Sorry, Hun. Joshy was with me." I answer in spite, before I can stop myself. There's a pause before she replies.

"..Jennifer?" Claudia's voice softens, almost in fear. Say what you want about Claudia, she's terrified of losing Josh. "Why are you with my boyfriend?"

Josh has caught up to me and is trying to grab the phone, and I'm quickly getting angrier. "Because he likes me, not you." I quickly manage before I end the call and drop the phone, collapsing into Josh's arms and bursting into tears.

AN | filler chapter, I have a few ideas where this is going, I just have to choose one! Keep voting x