Chapter 4

Joshs POV

I fix my sheets from my sleepover with Jen. I brush down the pillows and take in the sweet smell of her perfume left on the pillow, reminiscing about last night. Fuck, I think I love this girl. I think at that moment, but I shake it out of my head. She wouldn't like more than friends ever, there have been so many interviews that she has called me her brother. But I can't get last night out of my head.. She said 'if only you knew..' If only I knew what?

I consider calling her to check she got home, but before I can there's already an incoming call. I hope it's her before the name flashes on the screen; Claudia. Shit, she's the last person I want to talk to, but I can't avoid her forever. I click the answer button and press the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I say sheepishly, like I already know what she's going to say.

"Why was Jennifer leaving your apartment?" The voice tumbles down the receiver, and I wince like the words physically hurt me.

"She's my best friend, Hun. She slept over."

"Did anything happen?"

"No. I have to go, babe."

"Why? Another slut sleepover?"

"Hah, good one babe, bye." Before she has a chance to reply I hang up. I can't deal with her anymore. My annoyance turns into frustration; how come she's having a go at me when she cheated on me only last week with a Spanish co star? I haven't told anyone because it's too embarrassing, I even forgave Claudia to hide my shame. It's not even like she apologised properly anyway. But my feelings for Claudia are gone, and the space has been refilled with overpowering ones for Jen.

I call Jen, but it goes straight to answer phone. Damn, she must be sleeping. I consider going to her apartment, but I decide against it. If she wanted to see me she wouldn't have rushed out this morning.

After an hour and a half of cleaning the apartment, I get a text from Claudia that read "I'm coming to America tomorrow morning, be ready to take me out on a perfect date, big boy ;)" Ugh, why is she so crude? I text back an "ok" before resuming the cleaning. I find the pizza boxes that Jen and I ate and find myself smiling at the thought of her in my apartment, room, bed.

I try Jen's phone a couple of hours later, and finally I get a response.

"Hey, Joshy."

"Hey, where've you been all day?"

"I put my phone on airplane mode, I needed time to think"

"About what, babe?"

"I don't know, Joshy.. Everything."

"Are you okay?"

"Truthfully or lie?"

"Lie to me."

"I'm absolutely fine" I can hear the smile she's put on for the lie.

"I'll come around with food and beer." Before she can protest I end the call and find my shoes. I grab my car keys and two six packs of beers out of the fridge, as well as money for takeout from the counter. I head outside where the sun is beginning to set, towards my car where a few paps are residing.

"Josh! Where you going?"

"Josh! How was the night with Jen?"

"Josh! Are you in love with Jen?"

I open the car door and throw my stuff in, but before I get in myself I turn around to the cameras and say, "you'll have to wait and see." I wink before sliding into the car smugly. That should keep them happy for a while.

•••

I arrive at Jen's apartment at 8.54pm. I proceed to the 21st floor, where I am greeted with Jen's arms swung around my neck as she jumps into a hug. My arms grasp around her and I nuzzle my head into her neck, where I can smell her sweet perfume that was on my pillows earlier.

Jen is still in my hoodie from earlier, but she swapped her dress for a pair of grey shorts that show of her legs perfectly.

"How are you, gorgeous?" I say into her neck before she pulls away slowly.

"I'm swell, Josh. Perfectly okay." She says with a smile, as she guides me into the lounge. She sits on the sofa and presses play to her Netflix series, gossip girl. I groan as I sit down next to her.

"Do we have to watch this?" I groan, turning to face her.

"Yes. Now give me a beer." She says, eyeing up my six packs. I oblige, groaning at her. I hand her one and we toast to Chuck and Blairs relationship. I know far too much about this how than I would like to admit.

4 beers each later, we are laughing about a conversation between her and Liam on set of the hunger games.

"And he said-" she takes a moment to stop her laughter, "that all he wanted was a chipmunk sandwich!" We burst out laughing again. The laughing does down about ten minutes later, and we're sat there looking into eachothers eyes.

"Jen," I whisper, but before I can continue she plants a sweet kiss on my lips, her hand on my cheek. That's all I need to forget my thoughts and kiss her back, more passionately than before. I lean so she's laying down, with one leg bent next to my side. I use my hand to explore her leg, from ankle to thigh.

"Josh, that tickles!" She giggles, but quickly calms herself and kisses me again.

We lay on the sofa, entwined in eachother for at least 40 minutes, and that's all I remember from that night.