Chapter 16

Lucy and Ashley waited till they were out of sight before they started to run. They fell into a fit of giggles, they made it to the edge of the lake before collapsing to the ground. Lucy was enjoying herself immensely, she was so happy that she met Ashley. She would be lost without her, she has made her stay here on the Ducal estate so much better. She knew regardless of what happened between Grayson and herself. She would have a friend in Ashley, she knew that it wouldn't be her fault if Grayson didn't choose Lucy as his wife.

 They laid there on the green grass soaking up the warmth of the sun. It was a nice day to have a little fun, they were out of sight from any chaperone's. They could get away with just about anything, they needed to take advantage of it. " Ashley, have you ever waded in the cool water of the lake before?"

 Ashley giggled," I use to when I was younger, mother told me that I couldn't do that when I became a lady." She could remember the feel of the cool water around her ankles. She shivered at the memory, it was so hard being a lady sometimes.

Lucy grinned," no one would know if we decided to wade in the shallow part of the lake." She waited for Ashley to answer, she knew that she would say yes. She wasn't just sure if she would have to talk her into it.

Ashley hesitated, " I don't know, I would be so afraid that we would get caught." She knew it was so tempting, but what if one of the guests came upon them? Would she be willing to take that chance? She just didn't want to embarrass her mother in front of their guests.

Lucy watched as Ashley sat there questioning herself. She knew that she was questioning herself. She smiled. " I promise that we won't get caught, it will feel so delicious on our feet. Besides, who is going to know what we are doing?"  Lucy grinned, she knew that she just sold the idea to Ashley.

Ashley smiled" okay, I just hope that no one see's us with our dresses up to our ears. I will then die of shock, I would not survive knowing the fact that my mother would give me a tongue lashing, if she ever found out." She had to grin at Lucy, she was definitely someone who she could trust with her secrets.

Both girls took off their slippers, then they rolled their stockings down their bare legs. They tucked their stockings into their shoes. They gathered up their skirts so that their dresses wouldn't get wet. They both stepped into the water, the cool water against their skin made them shiver. They walked in till the water was above their ankles.

As they were chattering and giggling, they didn't hear their company approach. Grayson had a smug look on his face. He couldn't believe that his sister was in the lake with Lucy, they were making sure their dresses stayed dry. He didn't say anything, as he was enjoying the sight of Lucy's bare leg below the knee.

Her creamy skin looked as soft as a newborn baby. He couldn't believe his luck, if he would have stayed with Sarah. He would be missing the sight before him, such beauty! He chuckled as he watched Lucy almost loose her balance. She would have toppled over and be drenched from head to toe. Maybe he would have an excuse to be alone with her.