Chapter 12

Lucy looked in the mirror for the last time, she liked what she saw. Tonight she was going to have a good time. Grayson wasn't going to ruin it for her, he already had his chance. It's not her fault that he didn't take it when he had it. She grinned," take a long look Grayson, cause you won't have a minutes piece." Lucy giggled as she left her room, she was ready to show him what he could of had.

Joyce watched as her granddaughter came down the stairs, she was breath taking. She was the exact replica of her mother. If Grayson couldn't see what he had before him, he didn't need Lucy. She was one of a kind, and she deserved to be loved. She knew that Lucy was in deed in love with Grayson, she expected as much. What Grayson felt was something she wished to know. That would make things so much easier. She knew that men had a way of complicating things, especially Grayson.

Lucy smiled at her grandmother," Well do I look good enough to eat?" She watched as her grandmother gave her a shocked look. " I am just kidding grandmother, I only meant it as a joke." She really didn't, if her grandmother had any idea of what went on in the drawing room that. She would be shocked, as long as she didn't find out she was safe. She grinned as they walked out and climbed up into the carriage.

Almack's was packed, if you were someone of importance. This would be where you would go for entertainment. Edward Redvers, Earl of Devon was bored. All he saw was the same debutantes from other seasons here. He watched as the crowd was getting ready to start the first dance. He noticed his friend Grayson here, on his arm was that gold digger. If only he could make him see what she really was like.

He watched as the new debutantes came in the door, one in particular made him notice. She was absolutely beautiful, he wanted to know who she was. As he approached, he heard the hushed murmurs of all the gentlemen. They all wanted to know exactly who she was too. All of the Matrons were whispering about how they wished their daughters could look like that. He had to chuckle, if they would only listen to their own remarks. He wouldn't have so many girls pushed at him, he approached the beauty. He wondered just how no one had snapped her up yet?

Lucy stood amongst her friends, then she heard behind her someone clearing their throat. Was it Grayson? As she turned around she came face to face with a handsome gentleman. She was intrigued, she wanted to know who he was.  She smiled up at him, and he bowed to her.

" Good evening ladies, I am Edward Redvers, Earl of Devon." He held Lucy's hand in his as she curtsied. He brushed his lips across her knuckles," who is this beautiful specimen before me?"

Lucy giggled," I am Lucy Dererux, my father was Hugh Dererux, Viscount of Hereford." She watched as he stared at her with those blue eyes. She didn't feel the sparks as she felt with Grayson, but there was something friendly about him. She smiled up at him," It is nice to meet you my Lord."

Edward smiled," It is so nice to have someone as refreshing as you here tonight. Are you taken for any of the dances this evening?" He grinned  as she gracefully walked with him to the dance floor. He was going to enjoy this night, he knew that she was definitely one of a kind. Whom ever she wed was going to be one lucky man.

As they glided across the floor, Grayson caught sight of Edward dancing with a beauty. He was wondering who she was, that was till he saw her face. Lucy! He was dancing with his Lucy, how could he do that to his own friend. Especially with Lucy! She was his, not for him to dance with!