Chapter Four

hey guys! I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading my story (: I know it's not very good so far but I'm trying haha xx

The Joker woke up to his body intertwined with Lavender's; his arms around her, her head on his chest... He couldn't deny it, he was attracted to her, so having her close to him made him actually happy.

He gently ran his hand through her hair, careful not to wake her up. The Joker always thought she was beautiful. Even when she slept, she was breathtaking.

Studying her, The Joker brushed her hair away from her face and he grinned as he saw some of his face makeup on her forehead from the previous night. He liked that she was, in a way, marked as his property. Like she was his and no one else's. No one could put their hands on her...

He snapped out of his thoughts as Lavender began to stir. He removed his hand from her hair, where he absentmindedly left it, as she opened her eyes.

It took her a moment to register where she was, but when she did, she smiled. "Good morning, Mr J," Lavender sat up slowly and yawned, rubbing the sleep from her brown eyes. She didn't notice his arms that were wrapped around her. "Good morning, dollface-ah." The Joker grinned as he sat up as well, and he got out of the bed.

Lavender watched him, staring at his bare skin. Last light was the first time she had seen him nearly naked. It was odd seeing his tanned body with his face still covered with white makeup.

He walked over to the mirror, looking at his reflection and sighing at how messed up his makeup was. Grabbing the dry washcloth on the dresser, he began to take off his 'war paint' to apply a fresh coat.

Lavender smiled widely and bounced over to him. "Can I do it?" she asked excitedly, her eyes on him, begging him to say yes. Helping him with his makeup was her favorite thing to do. "Well, of course, beautiful," He said with a smirk, handing her the cloth.

Gently, she began to take off what was left of the makeup on his face, getting white, red, and black all over her hands in the process. But she didn't mind at all.

Standing back, after she finished, Lavender admired his clear face. Just like she always did, she reached out and touched his scars carefully with her fingertips. The Joker leaned his face into her hand, closing his eyes at her touch.

"I think they're beautiful," she murmured, stepping closer to him to study the scars, even though she had seen them a million times.

She brought his face closer to hers, and she gently kissed his scars on both sides to show that what she said was true. The skin was soft, and she liked it. She pulled back and smiled, before grabbing one of the tubes of face paint.

The Joker opened his eyes, and stared at her. But Lavender didn't notice. She was busy putting white paint on her hands to apply to his face.

He felt a something in his chest, a strong feeling that made him want to pull her into his arms and kiss her pink lips. A feeling that made him want to hug her and never let go. Yeah he was attracted to her, she was cute. But that was it. Nothing more. But...
could it be love?

No. No. He couldn't love, it was impossible. Especially for someone like him. He was a murderer, a psychopath. Maybe he was just feeling sick or hungry or something, right?