Chapter Five

Days went by, and Lavender spent most of her time alone in the room. She wasn't used to all of her newfound freedom, and she didn't know if she was ready for it. But, obviously, she didn't have a choice.

The Joker was away from Lavender, hoping he would start feeling like his normal self again. He didn't have time for conflicting feelings, he needed to concentrate on causing chaos. After all, he was an agent of chaos.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lavender's POV

I was sitting in silence, my favorite book in hand, when I heard a knock at the wooden door. Sighing, I placed the thick book down, got up and made my way across the room. I opened the door just a crack, so I could see who was on the other side.

"Yes?" I asked as I opened the door a bit more, eyeing the stranger that stood in front of me, a clown mask covering his face. He was quite tall and bulky, and he had a gun slung over his shoulder. I was confused, Mister J usually didn't like his goons around me. He said something about how they rarely got to be around women and how dangerous that could be for me to be alone with one.

"The boss wants to see you," He mumbled, his voice so muffled by the mast that I could barely hear.

I scrunched my eyebrows together. I didn't understand why he didn't just come for me himself. "Where do i go?" was all I asked, concluding the man in front of me didn't any more than I did.

After receiving directions, I began my short journey. It was strange being able to wander around the warehouse by myself, especially since I was restricted while in Arkham. I lived with restrictions for nearly six years. But here? I could get up and walk whenever I pleased, I could get food whenever, I could do just about anything.

Coming to the door I was directed to, I took my bottom lip between my teeth, a nervous habit I had developed in the sixth grade. Should I knock, just walk in? I stood in front of the door for what felt like ages, pondering anxiously on what I should do, before deciding to just open the door.

"Ah, hello doll," I heard the clown call as I began to step in to the room. The Joker sat at his desk, which held some papers, a lamp, and decks of cards. The dim lamp was the only source of light in the room, so I slowly walked forward, being careful so I didn't bump into anything and make a fool of myself.

"You needed me?" I asked after a few moments, still glancing around the small office-like room. I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye.

"Oh, yes," He smiled and stood, making his way to me. I felt my heart speed up a bit, but not out of fear. I didn't know what it is, but it wasn't bad. I felt his hand on my cheek, causing me to look at him. "I've decided that me and you deserve a night on the town. Nice dinner and mayhem. How does that sound, princess?" The Joker asked, his green eyes staring right into mine.

A giggle escaped my lips and I nodded, "That would be nice." I didn't know what mayhem we would be causing, but all I could focus on was the dinner part. "Wait.." I looked down at my nightgown, which happened to be my nicest article of clothing. "I don't.. I don't have anything to wear."

The Joker laughed in an insane way, "Don't worry! That'll be the first thing we do while we're out," He, then, suddenly grabbed my shoulders and spun me around so I was facing the door, and he gave me a small push. "Now go! I have to, uh, have to freshen up."

Stumbling slightly out into the hallway, I heard the door shut violently behind me. I couldn't help but smile as I made my way back to the room I was staying at. I felt as if this was Mister J's version of a, dare I say, date. And I couldn't be more excited.

short chapter, I know. I'm sorry! I promise I'll have a longer one next. This was just a filler chapter (: anyway, please give me some feedback! I wanna know what you guys think so far!

-Karibou