The Kept Secret

Let me first say to all New/Old Readers: Let me start by saying this story is unedited, meaning there are some MAJOR grammar problems. If you're one of those Grammar Nazi that goes around pointing out the author very little flow, this story is not for you. Most chapter posted are the FIRST DRAFT, I am going back to revise this story slowly, so if you don't mind bad grammar than feel free to read.

With Love, Letty Scott

UNEDITED

warning: slight sexual contact

Chapter 1: Last Night

Milly, Had fun last night, maybe we could do it again sometime. - Chance

Waking up to this note and not with Chance next to me should have made me mad, but I was glad I didn't have to wake up next to him. Deep down, I hoped I didn't have to see him ever again. What made me mad though, was the fact he called me Milly, when my name was Lilly.

I sighed laying back down on my pillow. How did I let last night get so out of hand? I should have known what his plan was the moment we enter my room, but no I played right into his trap.

Last night at that stupid dinner party my parents had thrown was what had started it all. I was sitting alone watching my parents' guest stand around talking among one another, when Chance came and sat down next to me throwing his arm over my shoulder, "So this is boring" he remarked.

"I suppose," gazing about the room trying not to pay him any attention. I've overheard about his player ways around school, so I always attempted to dodge him. He was known for playing with girls' hearts to get them in bed, only to toss them to the side after. The odd part was that all the girls knew about the type of person he was, but still bounce at an opportunity with Chance Morgan. Even after he got what he desired, they would chase him down the hall sobbing for him to take them back. The problem I had with him was that he was always around since our families were close friends.

"How about we get out of here and observe something more satisfying," he asked pulling me tighter to him.

I discarded his arm and went to walk away when he gripped hold of my elbow. "I was thinking more upstairs. Away from the adults," he stated. I couldn't reflect on anyone who had ever rejected Chance before, but I wasn't about to submit into his charm.

"I think my parents would rather I stay downstairs." Discarding his hold, I walked over to where my parents were standing with the Morgan's.

My mom and Mrs. Morgan greeted me with a smile, as my father and Mr. Morgan talked about combining their companies together. "I believe we should assign one of your restaurants into my hotels, and if it goes well we can combine more," I heard Mr. Morgan announce as my heart sank. I knew my father wanted me to take over his restaurant business once he retired, but if he agreed to the merging, then that meant I would be stuck with Chance for a business partner when I finally took over.

Watching my dad shaking his head in acceptance about the same time, someone placed their hand on my lower back, "What did I miss" I heard the devil himself ask.

"Oh honey there you are, where have you been?" His mother asked.

He sighed wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me to him, "I try to get Milly to come hang-out with me, but she turned me away." He revealed making himself sound hurt. It was no shock that I turn him away since every time our families got together, I found a way to avoid him like the plague.

"That sounds like a remarkable idea. After all you two might be business partners one day." My father agreed, smiling at us. "Maybe you both should start spending some time together, so you get to know one another a little better. It won't hurt to become friends."