Chapter Three: Allies

Chapter 3: Allies

Italy's POV

Germany was running ahead of me, screaming at me to follow. The battlefield right next to us exploded in a dazzling display of light. I screamed, suddenly loosing my hearing. Germany double backed and grabbed me by the shoulders. I couldn't hear a word he was saying. I could feel my body starting to shake. Then, Germany turned around. Behind him, stood the Allies. He stood tall, aiming a gun at them. They spoke back and forth and I didn't know what they were saying. I was too scared to move. Then suddenly America and England ran forward, not shooting, but attacking Germany hand to hand. Germany shot at them but it was as if they couldn't feel pain. The gun fell to the ground, skittering to my feet. I didn't try to pick it up. Germany easily fought off England but America and Germany fought until they were both bloody. That was when things got worse. Russia and China moved forward, with France and Canada following soon after. They overwhelmed Germany and I could barely see him, he was so covered by the Allies. I was screaming. I had no idea what I was saying. I picked up the gun, aiming blindly, then shot just as Germany rose from the mass. It hit him in the chest. The only sound I heard was his whisper, "Italy, how could you?" Tears streamed down his face and he fell.

I woke up screaming, "Germany no I didn't mean to! I was trying to save you! Germany! GERMANY!" Germany ran into the room. He was wearing an apron, covered in pasta sauce that I mistook for blood. I screamed again and Germany took it off, coming towards me.

"Italy, what's happened?" He said sternly, but he looked afraid. I started to cry, trying to speak but the sobs overcame me. Germany put his arms around me and I sobbed into his chest. I could feel his hand stroking the back of my hair softly. "It's alright now. I won't let anything happen to you," he said soothingly. "Shh, mien liebe."

My sobbing slowly stopped. "What?" I asked him. He stiffened.

"N-nothing, it's nothing," he looked away. I put a hand on his thigh and he winced and moved away. "Please, don't touch there." I let go, still just as worried as he looked. "N-now won't you tell me what you were screaming for?" He asked, finally meeting my eyes.

"O-oh," I said, now nervous. "A nightmare. We were at war with the Allies and you tried to fight them all at once and they o-overwhelmed you." I started shaking again. "I tried to help, b-but the g-gun... The b-bullet... It killed you." I could feel the sobs coming again. I needed my pills, I thought. Germany tried to put his arms around me again, but I was already on my feet. What if that really did happen? Am I a bad enough shot to... to accidentally kill my ally? To kill Germany? Japan? Spain? Romano? I thought, my shaking getting worse.

"Italy, what is it now?" He asked, getting up, putting an arm around me for support. I shook it off.

"I-I need... I need," I tried to say.

"What? I'll get it for you," he said, trying to calm me down. I had an idea.

"P-Pasta? Please Germany I'm starving," I pleaded. He nodded and Germany made me sit down before leaving to get pasta. As soon as he was out of the room, I got up, running for the bathroom.

Once I was in, I shut and locked the door, rummaging until I found the comforting orange bottle. I clutched it to my chest then unscrewed the cap. As I popped two of the pills into my mouth, I heard Germany re-enter my room.

"Italy?" He asked.

"Bathroom," I croaked. "Be out in a minute." I was about to put the bottle back, but as an afterthought, took two more. The bottle says up to three, I thought. One extra can't hurt.