Chapter 2

Based on the TV show Dance Academy

GRACE'S POV:

After I got off the plane, I got a Taxi, and gave the taxi driver the address of Lucy's house.

But the drivers wheel is on the left side in America, instead of the right like in London and Australia...

Anyway, I know, it's kind of rude to just get on plane and demand her guidance, but Lucy wanted me to dance again. She never wanted me to stop.

When the driver got to her house, I paid him and I grabbed my dance bag and suitcase out of the trunk and walked to her front door. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Lucy's husband Marcus answered. By the way, he's the reason she moved to America.

"Grace? What are you doing here?" He asks surprised pulling me into a hug.

I laughed and said, "I came to talk to Lucy."

"You couldn't tell her over the phone? It must be serious."

I smirked and asked him if she was there.

"No, I'm sorry she teaching principle dancers some new dances I choreographed... OH, you can come on in though." He replies smiling and opening the door. Even Lucy got a better job.

I nod and walk inside. They have a well decorated home, with lots of pictures of deers. I can tell that part was Marcus's idea.

A very white furry cat strolls by to get a drink of water.

"Is that the furr ball you got Lucy two years ago?" I ask pointing.

He laughs. "Yeah, she thought it was such an irresponsible gift."

"It was." I reply.

He laughs again.

"So what brings you back here that you couldn't say over the phone?"

I look back about to tell him. "I want to talk to Lucy about it first." I don't know why, but I feel she should know before Marcus.

"Okay.." he nods.

He tells me if I need anything to tell him, I can eat whatever's in the fridge, I can stay as long as I want, blah blah blah... nice gestures, but blah blah blah.

He points me to the guest bedroom, where I'll be staying.

I drop my bags on the floor, and sit on the squeaky bed. I look at the night stand, and there was a picture of my mom, dancing Romeo and Juliet.

I picked up the picture and I started at it for what feels like hours. I still want to know her. I'm twenty years old and I've never met my mom. I never will. She's gone.

I heard foot steps, so I quickly put the picture in my dance bag and sat back down.

I hear knocking at the door and then Lucy walks in.

"Grace! Marcus just told me you were here! I thought he was just pulling my arm!"

I run up to her and give her a hug. "Ah, Lucy!"

"So what are you doing here?" She asks concerned.

My smile drops. I want this to happen, but I don't know how to explain it, like how I feel.

"I want to dance again."

To be continued...